• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Record: 3-6, So What's Next

SetfreexX

If you have no chance at making the playoffs... why would you want to win  anymore games? That pushes you further from your eventual goal of a championship. I know this board loves wins and I do as well if it means we're headed to our goal of championship. I dont want to win just o say we won and in the meanwhile get pushed further away from "chase young" burrow,tua, Hurbert and so on.

I would feel a lot better about our direction if we had landed one of those guys but one more win landed us with brown. Did he do anything yesterday? I dont think he's a bust but I don't think he's a franchise changer that everyone above us landed. I think hes gonna be a shaq Thompson type player. Just ok.

28 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

If you have no chance at making the playoffs... why would you want to win  anymore games?

Because I want the team that I root for to win. I'm enjoying the games, and I enjoy wins. A lot of young inexperienced players on the roster who need to learn how to win and build confidence to carry forward. But most importantly, if you have a good coaching staff, a high draft pick shouldn't be a requirement to win going forward. So this tank for [player] philosophy is always overblown.

Best Records of the last 10 Years - How many of these teams are in this bucket due to sacrificing a season for higher picks?

• Patriots (Tom Brady - 6th round)
  • Seahawks (Russell Wilson - 3rd round)
  • Packers (Aaron Rodgers - Pick #24)
  • Ravens (Joe Flacco - Pick #18 | Lamar Jackson - Pick #32) 
  • Steelers (Ben Roethlisberger - Pick #11)
  • Saints (Drew Brees - 2nd round draft pick | Saints got in Free Agency)

None of these teams were carried by a top of draft quarterback and instead have had consistent, top of the line coaching. With the exception of the McCarthy years in Green. But Aaron Rodgers wasn't a high draft pick, himself.

Good Coaching > High Draft Picks

2 hours ago, TikTOK said:

Tampa W

Detroit W  

Minnesota W

Denver W

Green Bay W

Washington W

New Orleans W

10-6 as the 7th seed in the Playoff. 
CMC breaks another 1000 yard season. 

We will also break three (maybe more) NFL history records making the playoffs with a below average ranked oline, a defense ranked bottom tier is many categories, and a team overall ranked 31st. Given if things continue, which halfway through the season is all be a given.

Indeed that will be an amazing feat.

But in all seriousness Denver and Was and are the only ones I’d feel comfortable saying we’re going to win. 6 wins is very generous.

Then again unlike the Panthers, the Saints are much more strategic looking ahead when it comes to end of season wins. If they have the playoffs locked and can at the same time give the Panthers another win to drop them in the draft you can bet 100% they’ll play their backups and third stringers.

3 hours ago, SetfreexX said:

I had us pegged at 6 W's and that was hopeful as a fan given I thin our offense is as good as anyone's skill position wise, OL is banged up, and Teddy for me leaves some to be desired late in games. 

We have - TB / DET / MIN / bye week / DEN / GB / WAS / NO -- left to close out the season

I could see 3 to 4 wins in that window (DET / MIN / DEN / WAS) getting us to 6 or 7 wins, and all things considered that's impressive given the roster, and the weaknesses that we have. Even with that said I can also see us losing those games aside from WAS, I think we win that game almost no matter what. 

Question is will Sean Payton 4D chess us into another late meaningless Week 17 win and a sacrifice of potential draft position for a moral victory. 

I suppose we'll see...how do ya'll think we finish?

6-10

7-9

Or worse...

I already did the math , and you are on it--as a panther fan.   Here is my thinking, fwiw:

Potential wins--Lions, Vikings, Broncos, and Washington

The Vikings and Broncos are playing better.

Lions are about a scratch

We win 2-3 games the rest of the way---but we could beat any team on any given day.  Defensive backs and OL killing us.  I see 5-11 or 6-10

6 minutes ago, onmyown said:

We will also break three (maybe more) NFL history records making the playoffs with a below average ranked oline, a defense ranked bottom tier is many categories, and a team overall ranked 31st. Given if things continue, which halfway through the season is all be a given.

Indeed that will be an amazing feat.

But in all seriousness Denver and Was and are the only ones I’d feel comfortable saying we’re going to win. 6 wins is very generous.

Then again unlike the Panthers, the Saints are much more strategic looking ahead when it comes to end of season wins. If they have the playoffs locked and can at the same time give the Panthers another win to drop them in the draft you can bet 100% they’ll play their backups and third stringers.

Hey Indy won the Super Bowl with the 32nd ranked defense.  Why can't we.

Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF

Rhule is a good choice but we still have horney as our Gm which shows he neglects free agency . If this team can nail free agency and be aggressive and get some key players in the draft this is a contender next year but as of now we ain’t nothing . We can play with the best but we still lose . We’re not good yet but from years past I’m happy because their is potential for growth 

Only teams that come to mind in the past two decades that won (or even went to) a SB with an overall poor defense are giants, saints and patriots one of those years (?)...

But two of those had HOF qbs and the other’s defense looked a lot different in the playoffs then they did that season...plus Eli Manning went super sayan all of a sudden

But yea I mean it’s possible maybe if we believe hard enough we will be #4 of 40 teams

5 minutes ago, bababoey said:

In 2006 Indy had the 32nd ranked run defense and won the Super Bowl.  They also had some Manning guy at QB.  But I heard he sucked so he probably didn't help.

I see that now, was looking at overall defense. Which still wasn’t that great. I shall add them to my list which makes 4 teams.

That is incredibly impressive.

Archived