• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talk to me about the Bucs

Jeremy Igo

On 11/11/2020 at 10:36 AM, Iron Saint said:

Hit Brady hard and often and y’all got a shot.

Line up Burns across from Donovan Smith and let him feast and if Marpet is still out, have Brown line up at 3-tech and drive Haeg or whoever they trot out at LG right into Brady’s lap repeatedly. 

I agree with that.   Brady does not handle pressure very well. Even when he was with New England.   Giants won a super bowl because they pressured Brady.

Is there any actual evidence to the narrative of a team preparing harder and playing way stronger coming off a blowout loss? People say that all the time and sure there’s some logic to it, but that would imply a lack of preparation, motivation, etc. the prior week. Somehow I doubt that was the case last week with the Bucs preparing for a fight for 1st place against a divisional opponent. I’m sure they were pretty damn fired up last week too.

It makes at least as much sense to say we watch the hell out of the tape from the Bucs blowout loss last week and learn how to exploit their weaknesses and implement that into our game plan this week. I mean, that’s what I’d expect from good coaches...which is what we believe Rhule to be.

On 11/11/2020 at 11:41 PM, RenoCarolina said:

I just can't get my head around playing to lose.  Or playing to increase your draft position.  And I don't think the players or coaches are relating to that at all.  Evidence at hand clearly points the other way.

I could see it if we were 1-8 and shooting for #1 overall but this team has been playing to win every game and overachieving by any measure.  I don't expect that to change.  This season is about learning to win with a young team and new coaches.  You don't learn how to win by purposefully tanking.  

I want us to continue to try and win every game.  Build that culture that losing isn't acceptable.  If we win great, but at minimum I don't want to see us get blown out like Tampa did last week. 

Archived