• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mandalorian Season II

Captroop

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

All in all it has been as much fun as the first season. Ep. 3's surprise guest stars were great, too.

Something about this series has brought back the fun of the Star Wars universe I haven't experienced since the 1970s with it. It's good stuff and I think the decision to go with more practical creature/sentients effects has a lot to do with it. 

To me, it's fun exploring Star Wars world without having to deal with a Skywalker story.  

21 hours ago, Zaximus said:

To me, it's fun exploring Star Wars world without having to deal with a Skywalker story.  

THIS.

Star Wars is a massive universe, so I never understood why it feels so small in the canonical stuff. And I think the answer is that everything on screen so far has just been supplemental to the Skywalker saga. You've got a universe that has space magic, scoundrels and knights, monsters and battleships. Go! Explore! Play! I don't need to know how every single thing is related to events that circle around one family.

That's why I'm really nonplussed by the Clone Wars cameo. I want them to branch further away from the existing cannon, not try to loop it in.

My advice for the next generation of Star Wars stories when it comes to the Skywalker saga:

On 11/19/2020 at 1:19 PM, Captroop said:

Star Wars is a massive universe, so I never understood why it feels so small in the canonical stuff. And I think the answer is that everything on screen so far has just been supplemental to the Skywalker saga. You've got a universe that has space magic, scoundrels and knights, monsters and battleships. Go! Explore! Play! I don't need to know how every single thing is related to events that circle around one family.

Exar Kun & Revan era stuff please. Seeing the old Dark Lords of the Sith on the big screen would be the poo.

I'd also love a TV show about the underbelly of Nar Shaddaa/Hutta, something more about the world(Moon) than the characters in it, where the gangs such as Black Sun and the Hutt cartels are front and center.

Haven't watched much of The Mandalorian yet(Still pissed the character's not Boba, but I hear he's making an appearance or already has, not talking about Clone Wars boba either, EU awesome Boba.) so I don't know if he goes to Nar Shaddaa at all. 

18 hours ago, Harbingers said:

I'd also love a TV show about the underbelly of Nar Shaddaa/Hutta, something more about the world(Moon) than the characters in it, where the gangs such as Black Sun and the Hutt cartels are front and center.

The old Dark Forces video game sequences on Nar Shaddaa were fantastic

On 11/21/2020 at 8:02 PM, Davidson Deac II said:

Best episode yet.   Seems the plot line is getting deeper.

The lab specimens were freaky AF, but they did tie into the newest films for good or for ill!

I love this kind of Star Wars story.  The galaxy is full of interesting places where there is a LOT of room for more and different characters.  It's also why I really enjoyed Fallen Order so much. 

• 3 weeks later...

So as expected, Ashoka series, etc.    Tons of cool stuff to look forward too if quality on all live action is like Mando.

Also Bill Burr was just fantastic on this latest episode.    I'm impressed with his acting honestly.    The director was smart though, let Burr act to his strengths as well.   

Archived