• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mandalorian Season II

Captroop

So who is watching?

I'm so excited by the first two episodes. I was worried that season 2 was just going to be so dense with plot and advancing "The Child" plot. The episodes I enjoyed the most in S1 were the one-offs where he goes to a place and goes on an adventure that's not directly tied to the plot. No spoilers, but I'm glad that the first two episodes have been working towards that advancing the overarching plot while still being fun, one-off adventure stories.

And the X-wing chase was better looking and more exciting than the entirety of Rise of Skywalker.

(p.s. the original Mandalorian thread is archived, so an Admin can merge if they want to)

I love it!  I can't wait to sit down and watch Episode 3 this weekend!

There still is the "child" plot, but it's still tied into the Mandalorian Code.  The ice caves were a welcome distraction.  Though eating the baby eggs was slightly gross/disturbing.  I think that the Child isn't going to be as innocent this season with more signs and movement towards the dark side.

I just love the production design and the implementation of the circular video screen settings.  When my school upgrades my work rig, I'm going to start learning some Unreal so I can do some really crazy stuff!

Okay, I've not seen any Rebels or Clone wars. So I had to do a lot of Wookiepedia digging to make sense of any of that. 

I kinda liked Mandalorian being it's own thing, so not sure how hyped I am to be getting drawn back into the extended Skywalker-verse. 

But can y'all explain one thing to me, Obiwan is young in the clone wars, and old as fug at the start of New Hope. Wouldn't Bo Katana be similarly aged if the same amount of time passed? Do Mandalorians not age like friggin vampires? If so, why is he so shocked at the beginning of Episode 1 that Baby Yoda is 50 years old?

Already I'm being asked to ignore a bunch of new plot holes just so we can connect this show to animated extended universe stuff. 

Ehhhhhhhhh...

10 hours ago, Captroop said:

Okay, I've not seen any Rebels or Clone wars. So I had to do a lot of Wookiepedia digging to make sense of any of that. 

I kinda liked Mandalorian being it's own thing, so not sure how hyped I am to be getting drawn back into the extended Skywalker-verse. 

But can y'all explain one thing to me, Obiwan is young in the clone wars, and old as fug at the start of New Hope. Wouldn't Bo Katana be similarly aged if the same amount of time passed? Do Mandalorians not age like friggin vampires? If so, why is he so shocked at the beginning of Episode 1 that Baby Yoda is 50 years old?

Already I'm being asked to ignore a bunch of new plot holes just so we can connect this show to animated extended universe stuff. 

Ehhhhhhhhh...

Those are not plot holes.  Obi-wan and her are not the same species.  Maybe Mandolorians live 200 years.  Yoda was 900 plus when he died.  I suppose Baby Yoda's species lifespan is extraordinary in the Star Wars universe.  

17 hours ago, Captroop said:

Ehhhhhhhhh...

Clone Wars and Rebels aren't really Skywalker-ish really.   Annakin is there in Clone and Vader is around in Rebels but neither show is really about them on a whole.     Everyone that likes Star Wars should watch both shows, first seasons of both are shaky but after that it's great.    It's really, IMO, the best content we have for star wars minus Empire and Rogue One.    Ashoka is the best Star Wars character on film/movie IMO.   

Anyway Bo-Kotan would probably be around 45-50 here.    Sackhoff is 40.   So it's a bit of a push but like other said, people of Mandalore may age different.    Also, Sackhoff did Bo-Kotan's voice on the animated series so having someone that can play the role AND that did the voice is really cool and had to go into the decision to cast.  

I think we have to let a little slide when it comes to the old trilogy because I don't think anyone was thinking it would be what it is today etc.

All in all it has been as much fun as the first season. Ep. 3's surprise guest stars were great, too.

Something about this series has brought back the fun of the Star Wars universe I haven't experienced since the 1970s with it. It's good stuff and I think the decision to go with more practical creature/sentients effects has a lot to do with it. 

Archived