• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB Conundrum

WarHeel

2 minutes ago, raz said:

it seem like you keep propping up an argument nobody is making but you.  nobody is defending teddy.  some are saying he could win us some games if the rest of the team was nfl level, but that's it.   there's you and one or two others who have an imaginary antagonist you're railing against, and its weird that the antagonist is coming from your imagination

This thread is about the QB.

1 minute ago, Varking said:

This thread is about the QB.

it doesn't change what i said.  i get it, you're mad.   i have to remind myself i wouldn't shut the f up about rivera ever, and what a pita that must have been for everyone.   

7 minutes ago, raz said:

it doesn't change what i said.  i get it, you're mad.   i have to remind myself i wouldn't shut the f up about rivera ever, and what a pita that must have been for everyone.   

I’m not mad at all lol. I just don’t want to see people defending Teddy as a franchise QB anymore. He needs to be upgraded. As for this imaginary antagonist... SizzleBuzz was literally comparing Teddy B to DeShaun Watson saying they were equals a full day ago. Maybe you have him blocked so you don’t see his posts. 

19 minutes ago, Varking said:

While I understand that the defense is bad after they were historically bad last year, how do we defend scoring less points through 10 games of Teddy than we did with Kyle Allen? How do we defense 30something yards of offense in the second quarter followed by 30 yards of offense the second half? How do we defend the awful interception Teddy threw? 

Did you completely miss the arm wrapped around his throwing arm as he released the ball on that INT?

I know I keep bringing this up but most with complaints of Teddy are still salty about Cam. I won’t even post his last two games stats but I encourage you guys to check it out (spoiler alert, it ain’t pretty either). Despite lackluster passing stats the Pats have pulled out wins in back to back weeks and so don’t hear any of the “shoulda kept Cam” crowd touting how great he’s been this year. 

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

I’m not mad at all lol. I just don’t want to see people defending Teddy as a franchise QB anymore. He needs to be upgraded. As for this imaginary antagonist... SizzleBuzz was literally comparing Teddy B to DeShaun Watson saying they were equals. 

i got that guy on 'quiet mode' for my mental health lol

44 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Oh look, it's this thread again!

Teddy is a game manager, the same thing he was when we signed him. He's also probably the best game managing QB in the NFL. Teddy is good enough for us to win. Teddy isn't good enough to carry the team on his back when we need a victory.

Teddy isn't the biggest problem on this team, not by a wide margin.

But you do want a new QB in the Draft right? 

7 minutes ago, TikTOK said:

Sure Rhule is going to be a very, very good head coach. I truly believe that Rhule win us championship. I will blame him for bringing Teddy in. But, that move was probably based off trying to be a competitive team (we are) this season instead of something like the Jets or Texans. I am mad that we gave Teddy that contract over just keeping Kyle Allen. 

Yeah, it was a way to stay competitive I suppose. 

1 hour ago, raz said:

yeah but the way we do that is trading back in the draft and getting a little capital to spend.  right now we don't have any.   we have too many holes to trade up.  if a guy falls in our lap great, if not oh well.  the other way we do it is to actually develop talent and then trade it for a higher pick than we spent because we've got lots of really good players.  we're not there yet either.  look at deshaun.  he was on track to consistently be a top 5 elite level qb.  that situation has been mismanaged so badly.  i don't want to be the texans and i don't want to be the previous regime that never got cam a good line.    

We absolutely need to invest more in the OL, but getting a good QB is more difficult than getting good OL, so I’m fine with trading up if the situation presents itself.  We don’t have so many holes that we need to stock up on draft picks, especially if Hurney is still the one making them.  In addition to the QB we need 3-4 defensive players and a couple OL.  We get a good Center and the OL will start falling into place. A later round G for depth, look for an upper tier LT next year. The critical pieces we need to get starters at imo: QB, MLB, C. That’s our first three picks

38 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Did you completely miss the arm wrapped around his throwing arm as he released the ball on that INT?

I know I keep bringing this up but most with complaints of Teddy are still salty about Cam. I won’t even post his last two games stats but I encourage you guys to check it out (spoiler alert, it ain’t pretty either). Despite lackluster passing stats the Pats have pulled out wins in back to back weeks and so don’t hear any of the “shoulda kept Cam” crowd touting how great he’s been this year. 

I moved on from Cam when he was let go. I don’t care if he plays well or not in NE. I’m focused on the Carolina Panthers and college football. 

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The contract screams bridge. All the interest in Herbert screams bridge. It's not like you're ever gonna sign a guy and come out and say, "Well, this is our guy until we can find someone who is actually good. Sorry."

This :100_Emoji_42x42:. It’s why I think these discussions about TB are a waste of time.

With the uncertainty surrounding Cam and his inevitable release, the Panthers needed a QB that would be familiar with our new offensive system if we were going to anywhere close to competitive. Enter TB - above average, knows the system and someone the guys can get behind. But someone who could and will readily accept a backup role once the team found an upgrade. It also gives Rhule the time to evaluate team and find the players needed to be competitive long-term. You don’t sign a guy to a 3 year, slightly above market contract to be your franchise QB, especially a player of his age and injury history, on a team that’s practically rebuilding.

Ideally, the Panthers want to replicate what KC did with Mahomes. 

1 hour ago, TikTOK said:

Sure Rhule is going to be a very, very good head coach. I truly believe that Rhule will win us a championship. I will blame him for bringing Teddy in. But, that move was probably based off trying to be a competitive team (we are) this season instead of something like the Jets or Texans. I am mad that we gave Teddy that contract over just keeping Kyle Allen. 

There desire to stay competitive is going to possibly cost us a potential franchise QB. I am under no delusions, baring something weird, Teddy doesn’t start next year. But having a redshirt rookie behind him knowing he will take eventually will make me feel better. 

Archived