• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talk to me about Trask

Jeremy Igo

16 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

If you are going to burn a first round pick on a QB you better make sure he does it all.  You will set the team back three or four years trying to prove you didn't waste that pick.  

ANY QB you take in the first round needs to be a no brainer.  You don't draft a maybe in round 1. 

At this point last year we still weren’t convinced Joe Burrow was a no brainer and Tua was still the number one pick before injury. 

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

At this point last year we still weren’t convinced Joe Burrow was a no brainer and Tua was still the number one pick before injury. 

If Tua didn't get hurt it would have been "who do you take at #1"? 

I hope you aren't comparing Trask to Lawrence?  These two shouldn't be in the same Conversation, than again it is the Jets picking first.  LOL

Just now, DaveThePanther2008 said:

If Tua didn't get hurt it would have been "who do you take at #1"? 

I hope you aren't comparing Trask to Lawrence?  These two shouldn't be in the same Conversation, than again it is the Jets picking first.  LOL

I’ve consistently said Trask has moved up this draft but don’t think he is a top 10 pick. Lawrence or Fields could go number one and I don’t think you’d be making a mistake. Any team getting either of those QBs I felt better about than the teams getting Burrow, Tua, Herbert or Love from last year. I think Fields and Lawrence are more elite prospects than any of those four and I’ve felt like there’s a gap from Fields to Trask, Wilson and Lance. I’ve had Fields and Lawrence as 1A and 1B since last season started for this class and they’ve done nothing but do better than expected despite the hype. 

There are too many questions for all the others to be compared fairly to Lawrence or Fields. Unless we lose out, we are losing out on the Fields sweepstakes. We are already out of the Lawrence one. 

5 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Timmy Teebs, Chris Leak, Danny Wuerffel. Pass.

The old “Oregon produces trash QBs so don’t take Justin Herbert” argument? The old “Alabama produces trash QBs so don’t take “Tua” argument? Or the “LSU doesn’t produce good NFL QBs and Burrow is a one year wonder!” Argument? 

While I don’t think X QB is elite it’s hard to just write off a school when it comes to a certain position. Especially when The Golden Calf of Bristol is brought up. He should have never been a first rounder to begin with but he also got a raw deal in the NFL. The modern Ravens offense would have suited him and The Golden Calf of Bristol does have more playoffs wins than plenty of QBs like Teddy. But no... The Golden Calf of Bristol should not have been drafted high at all. 

Dan Mullen has worked with Dak and Alex Smith and they have been undeniable NFL successes. 

6 minutes ago, Varking said:

The old “Oregon produces trash QBs so don’t take Justin Herbert” argument? The old “Alabama produces trash QBs so don’t take “Tua” argument? Or the “LSU doesn’t produce good NFL QBs and Burrow is a one year wonder!” Argument? 

While I don’t think X QB is elite it’s hard to just write off a school when it comes to a certain position. Especially when The Golden Calf of Bristol is brought up. He should have never been a first rounder to begin with but he also got a raw deal in the NFL. The modern Ravens offense would have suited him and The Golden Calf of Bristol does have more playoffs wins than plenty of QBs like Teddy. But no... The Golden Calf of Bristol should not have been drafted high at all. 

Dan Mullen has worked with Dak and Alex Smith and they have been undeniable NFL successes. 

Don't forget the "system QB" shade thrown at just about every Texas Tech QB....until....

I think there is some truth to the failures of the Alabama QB's in the way they develop them and the guys they recruit but it is lazy to use that as a justification for not taking a guy. The weaknesses should show on film if that shade is accurate. 

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

If you are going to burn a first round pick on a QB you better make sure he does it all.  You will set the team back three or four years trying to prove you didn't waste that pick.  

ANY QB you take in the first round needs to be a no brainer.  You don't draft a maybe in round 1. 

this just isn't true anymore.  you can take one and take another the next year.  worked for the cardinals.  rookie cap has fixed that.

28 minutes ago, Varking said:

Agree, no way a school dictates how a QB will perform in the NFL.  Look at Tennessee...they are all terrible but then there is Peyton.

Archived