• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Draft Thread 11/18 8 PM EST ESPN. Post your rumors, picks, opinions, etc here.

1 hour ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

I'm starting to wonder if this is BS.  I want Melo, but the flood of news about us wanting him now, the day of the draft...  it just seems a bit convenient.

Oh god, it would just be the most Hornets thing ever to take Ball.  Let's hope they don't pull the trigger for him/this is just a smokescreen.   He's a chucker who can't play defense. I don't care how gifted a passer you are, that recipe is not going to be very successful in the league and is certainly not worth the #3 overall.

31 minutes ago, woahfraze said:

Oh god, it would just be the most Hornets thing ever to take Ball.  Let's hope they don't pull the trigger for him/this is just a smokescreen.   He's a chucker who can't play defense. I don't care how gifted a passer you are, that recipe is not going to be very successful in the league and is certainly not worth the #3 overall.

No one plays defense anymore in the NBA. So, disagree. 

13 minutes ago, TikTOK said:

A lot of basketball guys, not your average Joe’s like me really do like Ball and believe that he is the most talented and has the highest ceiling. I would rather have Ball than a soon to be 33 yo Russell Westbrook.

Agreed on the Westbrook point considering his contract.

All three have flaws.

Edwards is lazy, currently out of shape and just had an interview where he says he doesn't love basketball. Huge red flags if you ask me. 

Wiseman is slow laterally and will get torched on the perimeter which means you can't play him to close games or in the playoffs as teams will just take their center out of the game or play someone who can shoot. Also a big red flag.

Ball is weak physically and has a subpar shot form. I feel like both of those can be fixed with years of NBA training, so my money is on Ball to be the best out of the three. Defense will be fine because of his length and size, he'll put forth the effort when it matters. I also trust reports that Ball has been training all year on tightening his shot and he loves basketball.

I think Wiseman makes it to 3 and we draft him though.

Archived