• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gordon Hayward signs with Charlotte 4 years/120M

Proudiddy

I'm really hoping it's Terry or Cody we're sending back.  I like Terry, but there was rumblings that the C's were interested in getting him back...  and sending them him or Cody, makes this a lot easier to stomach than if we also include Batum.  That will have me livid...  of we at least hold onto Batum as an asset with his expiring, we still have a chance to sign a big-time FA next year, and that gives me hope for the future...  but if we give up Batum on this...  I will rage.

1 minute ago, t96 said:

Damn I really didn’t want that to happen. This could become one of the worst contracts in the league shortly. Certainly some upside there still but damn. Probably takes us out of the lottery next year too which sucks.

Again, at least we will have a fun team to watch. We aren’t winning poo no matter what we do. And who didn’t see this coming? MJ loves his white boys. 

I actually think it is a decent signing. Hayward is not Batum, he will work his butt off each year. Hayward is a legit starter and will likely be good throughout his 4 years here. To be honest, looking at the roster, we are a legit playoff team on paper. If we were to get Cousins, that would solidify us as a 6 or 7 seed for sure. Also, one other thing. To get good players into Charlotte, you have to overpay them, thems the rules for an organization like the Hornets.

Archived