• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I finally got a job part deux

Dex

Got laid off due to COVID in May. I worked for NBC Sports and with the lack of sports being played the writing was on the wall. Got really depressed and stopped taking care of myself.

Anyway...

I'm a video producer & editor and I got a call from a Washington DC based company in early October asking me to do freelance work. Long story short I've been doing freelance work for them for 2 months and they just offered me a full time position last night. I'll be making nearly twice what I was making at my previous job and I'll also be a true Senior Producer for the first time in my career. It's a fantastic company with great people and clients and I'll be moving to Washington DC. I can finally breathe.

Anyway congrats to @ladypanther and to all of the people struggling keep your chin up.

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Uh oh. The major Mid-Atlantic cities are probably my least favorite area of this country and Baltimore is at the very bottom. Sign a short lease.

I'm a city boy. I've lived in Boston & NYC. Nothing can scare me.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived