• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Packers lord have mercy on our souls gameday thread

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

It’s more seeing how completely impotent he is when given the chance. Dude has no balls, no desire to even try to make the big play.  Hes playing it safe 100% of the time. Obviously this isn’t the kind of QB who is going to win anything that matters. 

If I could ever tell him one thing without a doubt I'd tell him that throwing interceptions sometimes is truly okay/understandable. When you're down 8 and have 80 yards to go with less than a minute left you have to just let it fly. Maybe you get some penalties or hell, just give your guy a chance to make a play. If it gets picked off who cares at least you're going down swinging 

23 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

Wasn't that best case scenario for everyone? Defense and coaching showed real strides, we played the #1 seed in the NFC on the road incredibly tough and made it a fun game in the 2nd half, and we ended up losing to preserve our top 5 draft pick and keep the Saints from a 1st round bye. Come on guys, rejoice!

I'm about as pleased with a loss as I can be with this game.

Condemning Teddy for not capitalizing on that last drive is like blaming Slye for missing that 67 yarder. Sure, he very likely would've screwed it up even with much more favorable conditions and he didn't make it close at all, but very few qbs would've tied the game up under those circumstances. 50 seconds, no timeouts, lots of pressure despite the defense playing a ton of backs in coverage and having to drive 80 yards. It was doomed once we got that holding penalty. 

1 minute ago, Oldmanrivera said:

What?

Literally everyone is bashing teddy, why do you care about that dude?

I came back and wrote “Put some respect on Phil Snow’s name”. That was my first post in the game day thread. As many in here know I was watching the Gator game since it was the SEC Championship and that’s my team. So I was posting in the college thread. 

1 minute ago, Peon Awesome said:

Condemning Teddy for not capitalizing on that last drive is like blaming Slye for missing that 67 yarder. Sure, he very likely would've screwed it up even with much more favorable conditions and he didn't make it close at all, but very few qbs would've tied the game up under those circumstances. 50 seconds, no timeouts, lots of pressure despite the defense playing a ton of backs in coverage and having to drive 80 yards. It was doomed once we got that holding penalty. 

Yes, in a vacuum, this drive had a high degree of difficulty and a low probability of turning out in our favor.  But you can't view this in a vacuum.  Teddy has had ample opportunity to show how he plays in late drive scenarios with the game on the line.  And he's failed to deliver in every instance.

31 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Show me film if any other PRO team who would have done this knowing who their QB is

That precise situation would be hard to replicate.  If there had been 2 minutes and 20 seconds left, you go for the td.  But with 2:04, Run one more play and it gets to the two minute warning.  Even if its a td, at that point, our only choice is a onside kick.  The odds of stopping Aaron R are not good, but they are still better than the odds of recovering an onside kick.  And fwiw, it worked.  At least the stopping Rogers and getting the ball back part.  But his choice gave us our best chance to win at that point.

1 minute ago, woahfraze said:

Yes, in a vacuum, this drive had a high degree of difficulty and a low probability of turning out in our favor.  But you can't view this in a vacuum.  Teddy has had ample opportunity to show how he plays in late drive scenarios with the game on the line.  And he's failed to deliver in every instance.

I daresay it's as much about the continued inability to score TDs in the red zone and the propensity to wither in big situations as it is just the end-of-game drives at this point. Chances earlier in the game... minimal points.

Just now, KSpan said:

I daresay it's as much about the continued inability to score TDs in the red zone and the propensity to wither in big situations as it is just the end-of-game drives at this point. Chances earlier in the game... minimal points.

We certainly wouldn't be finding ourselves in this same situation time and time again if we executed better in the red zone earlier in the game.  When it comes down to it, it's still all an indictment of Teddy.

1 minute ago, woahfraze said:

I'm well aware. Which makes it all the more pointless to prop up this as a prime example that Teddy can't lead a game winning drive. These were awful circumstances. Teddy has much better examples of his inability to come up clutch. 

I thought the Slye reference was a good corollary. If someone tried to say after the 67 yard kick "See! Slye is incapable of making a clutch kick!" I mean, maybe.. but that wasn't really the example you want to use as exhibit A. That's my point. Maybe not one of my most intelligent points but it is what it is.

Archived