• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Three young perennial pro bowlers on defense?

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Could it be? 

Burns, Brown, Chinn?

This is the stuff of Superbowl defenses. 

Kelvin Benjamin says hi.

You have to be careful to not confuse high usage with high performance.

Burns has already proven it, the other two have had high usage and shown flashes.  

Personally I think all 3 of them will become very good players but a lot of people around here thought the same about Kelvin after his first season so I try to be cautious with rookies.

Just now, AU-panther said:

Kelvin Benjamin says hi.

Burns has already proven it, the other two have had high usage and shown flashes.  

Personally I think all 3 of them will become very good players but a lot of people around here thought the same about Kelvin after his first season so I try to be cautious with rookies.

tbf to KBJ, he did show flashes 

who knows what would have happened if he hadn't torn his ACL and eaten himself out of the league

7 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Kelvin Benjamin says hi.

Acknowledging the promising young players on the roster will have no affect on the rest of their careers one way on the other.

On 12/20/2020 at 9:02 AM, ForJimmy said:

If he can just become a capable starter, we crushed this draft.

Frankly, we crushed it just with Brown and Chinn. YGM and Pride and anyone else just adds to that and makes it closer to being an all time great draft. Which we badly needed after some rough years and after NO's all time great draft in 2017.

On 12/20/2020 at 10:52 AM, AU-panther said:

Kelvin Benjamin says hi.

Kelvin always had the talent but he had work ethic concerns even coming out of the draft. He seemed to be working hard before his injury in 2015 training camp derailed his career. By all accounts he was the best player in camp that year before the injury. Some guys just can't overcome challenges like that and KB wasn't one who could. Nothing about Brown or Chinn makes me think they'll wind up being anything like KB. I completely understand being cautious with rookies, and waiting to anoint them "perennial pro bowlers" but I don't think the KB comparison is fair. Plus, Chinn's season so far is just on another level. DROY caliber. It's rare that rookies of the year don't pan out to be elite players in the long run.

1 hour ago, t96 said:

Kelvin always had the talent but he had work ethic concerns even coming out of the draft. He seemed to be working hard before his injury in 2015 training camp derailed his career. By all accounts he was the best player in camp that year before the injury. Some guys just can't overcome challenges like that and KB wasn't one who could. Nothing about Brown or Chinn makes me think they'll wind up being anything like KB. I completely understand being cautious with rookies, and waiting to anoint them "perennial pro bowlers" but I don't think the KB comparison is fair. Plus, Chinn's season so far is just on another level. DROY caliber. It's rare that rookies of the year don't pan out to be elite players in the long run.

Dude's mom also died over the offseason. I really think that's what truly pushed him over the edge. He never came back after that. 

Archived