• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At 9, The Carolina Panthers Will Select

jfra78

2 hours ago, ericr0319 said:

Did two mocks: One I went QB and the other non-QB

NO QB

9. Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech

41. Josh Myers, IOL, Ohio State

73. Christian Barmore, IDL, Alabama

110. Richie Grant, S, UCF

149. Kenny Yeboah TE, Ole Miss

187. Ali Gaye, EDGE, LSU

216. Olaijah Griffin,CB, USC

230. Whop Philyor, WR, Indiana

QB

9. Zach Wilson, QB, BYU

41. Asante Samuel Jr., CB, Florida State

73. Deonte Brown, IOL, Alabama

110. Tylan Wallace, WR, Oklahoma State

149. Jack Anderson, IOL, Texas Tech

187. Chatarius Atwell, WR, Louisville

216. Ali Gaye, EDGE, LSU

230. Trey Sermon, RB, Ohio State

Mock number 2 is dope

14 hours ago, ericr0319 said:

you missed my point. my point is you do not draft a QB just because you need one or you end up with a Rosen, Haskin, D. Jones. 

If you think he is a franchise QB then you do it. By all accounts there's like 4-6 guys who could be franchise QBs in this years draft. If you think the kid you like is the next Mahomes, then there is no pick too early to take him. We're in a spot to get one of those QB's so if we think even the worst of the guys is a franchise level QB, then we should pounce. 

On 12/29/2020 at 11:59 PM, jfra78 said:

We saw this year what bad MLB play does for your team.  How many games did we lose by 1 score? Being able to stop just one more drive a game could have meant playoffs.

Wow, that might be one of the most interesting takes on this season. We had the 2nd worst (worst after week 1) D in the NFL last year and this year we were 18th. Last year we had the 15th* ranked offense and this year we had the 23rd best. Beginning of this year people were saying we’d have a top 5 offense and a horrific defense.

*Note that last year was also the Will Grier experiment that got us 9 points in 7 quarters so I excluded those games.

Let’s turn that question around. How many games did we have where the D stepped up at the end and gave Teddy a shot? A good QB turns around this season way more than a MLB, especially once they benched Whitehead.

23 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

God help me for saying this and yes I know It hurts draft position and is ludicrous, but I would not be sad to see Carolina smash Taysom Hills face in at the bank Sunday

if Washington can beat the steelers and the bengals can win and the Jets, why not Carolina 

We could smash Hill's face and still lose. 

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Wow, that might be one of the most interesting takes on this season. We had the 2nd worst (worst after week 1) D in the NFL last year and this year we were 18th. Last year we had the 15th* ranked offense and this year we had the 23rd best. Beginning of this year people were saying we’d have a top 5 offense and a horrific defense.

*Note that last year was also the Will Grier experiment that got us 9 points in 7 quarters so I excluded those games.

Let’s turn that question around. How many games did we have where the D stepped up at the end and gave Teddy a shot? A good QB turns around this season way more than a MLB, especially once they benched Whitehead.

Our defense benefited from a ball controll, slow it down offense.  Watching the game, you could tell the defense couldnt get off the field unless there was a turnover

3 minutes ago, ncsfinest21 said:

Since I see half the board is about QB and the other on LB. May I suggest a CB. Getting a bonafide CB I think could help the defense out alot. Now if Lance is there take him but I dont know how deep this draft is with CBs but if Douglas isnt coming back we need a good to great CB

It's a pretty good CB class. We should be able to get a starter if we picked one in the first 2 rounds, maybe we'll get lucky in round 3. 

25 minutes ago, ncsfinest21 said:

Since I see half the board is about QB and the other on LB. May I suggest a CB. Getting a bonafide CB I think could help the defense out alot. Now if Lance is there take him but I dont know how deep this draft is with CBs but if Douglas isnt coming back we need a good to great CB

CB is a much bigger need than MLB IMHO. The front 6/7 is young and should keep getting better. MLB is like LT in here, a mythical beast that people think solve app problems. A solid CB would have an immediate and bigger impact.

49 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Our defense benefited from a ball controll, slow it down offense.  Watching the game, you could tell the defense couldnt get off the field unless there was a turnover

Luke was there for every game of 2018 and 2019 and our D was worse than it was this year and it wasn’t because of him. Our team record has fallen apart since Cam’s shoulder finally gave out after 2 years of problems in 2016/2017. Losing even a semi healthy Cam has had way more impact on our record than losing Luke.

Getting Parsons wouldn’t move the needle in terms of wining games compared to getting our next Cam.

As I mentioned before go back to the close games we lost and almost every time the D came up with 1 or 2 stops at the end and the O Teddy’d up the winning drive.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Luke was there for every game of 2018 and 2019 and our D was worse than it was this year and it wasn’t because of him. Our team record has fallen apart since Cam’s shoulder finally gave out after 2 years of problems in 2016/2017. Losing even a semi healthy Cam has had way more impact on our record than losing Luke.

Getting Parsons wouldn’t move the needle in terms of wining games compared to getting our next Cam.

As I mentioned before go back to the close games we lost and almost every time the D came up with 1 or 2 stops at the end and the O Teddy’d up the winning drive.

I'm not defending Teddy, but most of the games we had to come back in the second half being down multiple scores because the defense couldn't end a drive.  I'm also not saying we don't need a QB, just not to reach for one.  Outside of Lawrence, none of the QBs look like top 10 QBs.  

5 hours ago, jfra78 said:

I'm not defending Teddy, but most of the games we had to come back in the second half being down multiple scores because the defense couldn't end a drive.  I'm also not saying we don't need a QB, just not to reach for one.  Outside of Lawrence, none of the QBs look like top 10 QBs.  

Yeah, my worry is that people think only QBs bust. There’s lots of first round early LBs that busted from Mingo to Rivers to Reddick to Beasley to Ray to Werner to Anthony to Lee (Jets) to Foster to Curry. Just taking Parsons doesn’t guarantee he’ll be Luke. At least with a QB if you hit we are likely a playoff contender if we fill in a couple more starters and have a great chance to run the division as Brees and Brady retire.

3 hours ago, jdr6000 said:

Lololol

Hahahahaha! You actually think Teddy is good? Dude in his first starting year since the injury has 15TDs with a great set of WRs and he plays scared. He’d rather call a run and blame the OC than admit he couldn’t hit a WR in the end zone with no one within 5 yards.

Sure we could build an unbelievable team around him but we could do the same with a good young QB and won even more.

Archived