• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade our first rounder for Deshaun?

Jeremy Igo

6 hours ago, onmyown said:

Exactly. In a certain situation of course it makes sense. But this team literally has one worthy olineman, one overpaid above average LB. Even the Dline is a question as some areas are good but some are really bad. Which is understandable with how young they are. No DBs. So essentially a bunch of skilled positions.

Still there is zero leaders on the team on each side of the ball and just a bad team overall.

Problem here is people are so butthurt about TB they overlook how awful the team really is overall and a new QB won’t change that, and giving away the future won’t help.

People just have to accept this team needs to be built because a single player or two isn’t going to fix it even a QB.

This is very true. We can get too hyper focused on Teddy's play and forget how many roster holes we need to fill.

I don't think any of us here would be upset to trade for Watson but we also have to be careful of mortgaging the entire future when our team isn't built yet. Losing a lot of draft capital makes our margin for error every offseason very small. We have to make smart choices in free agency and hit on a higher percentage of our 2nd-7th round picks that we have remaining. 

Again, it doesn't mean that we can't or shouldn't trade 3 first round picks for Watson, but you need to have the front office structure in place to be successful for 10+ years. And you need to KNOW that it is going to be successful.

6 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

I would put money on if Houston wanted CMAC as part of the trade it will not happen. NO WAY, if you think that ur crazy.

CMC doesn't have as much trade value as you think he does. Yes he is the most versatile RB in the NFL  and yes he is still relatively young but not many teams want to have that much capital tied up into the position. You couldn't offer him to all 31 other NFL teams and probably get even half of them interested. Offensive philosophies have evolved quite a bit.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Sounds a lot like the end of the Rivera era here. That is ultimately what happens when you start to lose the locker room as a head coach, it starts to spiral quickly. It isn't anything new in the NFL, as many successful head coaches have been ushered out years into their careers due to the situation growing stale. Frankly, the instances of long tenured coaches are less and less as time goes on.

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It isn't an insane request, it's a "We aren't trading him" request. After all, if you have no real need or desire to sell something, you are going to ask for an unreasonable price.

Same thing.

On the radio, Nick Wilson referred to it as a "&$#@ you" request

44 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

At the end of the day, you can't make Watson play if he doesn't want to play there anymore. You don't want to trade him? Fine. Good luck when he decides to sit out.

Not only that, it will be a major locker room distraction 

52 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

If everyone here is willing to give up multiple 1st round picks and more future draft capital for Watson, why not be that aggressive for Trevor this year? I think he has a higher ceiling that Watson. 

Because they can't get over Cam and Watson can help fill the void, though he is much better than Cam.

58 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

If everyone here is willing to give up multiple 1st round picks and more future draft capital for Watson, why not be that aggressive for Trevor this year? I think he has a higher ceiling that Watson. 

Trevor is still just a prospect. Watson is a known elite commodity. 

I am all in favor of a trade for Watson and to save some draft picks I would definitely include CMC.  A franchise QB at the level of Watson, who you know is actually one, and not a maybe, is worth way more than a RB|WR player, even at CMC's level.  I would NOT like giving up three 1st rounders though.  That seams like two much.      

4 hours ago, KillerKat said:

At the end of the day, you can't make Watson play if he doesn't want to play there anymore. You don't want to trade him? Fine. Good luck when he decides to sit out.

He could sit out i guess it would be forever

Archived