• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Updated GM Update

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Getting so impatient bro! We've done all of our interviews what's taking so long?

Obviously joking I know these things take time. But I am expecting news soon, gotta think once Tepper has his guy circles he won't want to chance him landing somewhere else.

Don't figure they wanna announce today while the playoff games are going on (league would probably frown on that too).

Could be tomorrow or the next few days...or they could announce they're doing a second round of interviews :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

14 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

Why? He was terrible with Dolphins. We need Peters or Dobbs and that’s final!

The dolphins are a dumpster fire. They drafted a QB 5th overall less than a year ago and have already tried to ruin him by connecting him to a DW trade rumors....

I think that’s just how they are. 

Somebody that covers the Dolphins (I forget who) made a statement a little while back to the effect that a lot of the bad moves that happened during Ireland's tenure were more attributable to Bill Parcells than Ireland.

Don't know how seriously I take that but it is true that Parcells was in Miami for the first few years of Ireland's tenure and, being who he was, he swung a big stick.

Just now, The Lobo said:

I wonder why Dodds backed out...

Apparently he's going to be very selective before choosing his first GM job. My fear is he heard about how much control Rhule was going to still have and wasn't totally on board with it. Maybe he just didn't think it was the right fit, however.

4 minutes ago, PantherMan89 said:

Believe Dodds is the 2nd to back out. Hope that’s not a sign that our opening isn’t desirable for whatever reason. 

I could have sworn there was a report after we fired Hurney saying our team was a very desirable GM spot. What happened? Not firing Hurney when we fired Ron was a huge mistake. Wasn’t Hurney a big reason why we hired Rhule? Now, the new GM won’t be able to get his “guy” and they probably realize Rhule has a ton of control. Could this turn ugly for us?

Archived