• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lamelo's first Triple Double

Zod

1 minute ago, TSLA said:

Problem is that we have a dumb head coach that is trying to have Ball earn the starting job. The offense is so much better when Ball is in the game. 

I'm okay with bringing him along man. Do you see how bad the bench is? We need some semblance of a spark when the bench guys are in, and he is that spark. 

15 minutes ago, TSLA said:

The team is leading in assists because of Lamelo. I like Hayward but I rather build a young team. Signings veterans players to big contracts have not been a positive here in Charlotte. Hayward has been playing well. Just my opinion.

The team is not leading the league in assists per game just because of Melo.  Graham actually leads the team.  Hayward 4+ at forward is 20th in league.  The Hornets are building a young team.  4th youngest in fact.  With an all star caliber player, cornerstone PG, above average shooting guards and 2 young forwards with upside. All while being one of two teams still under the salary cap. Feels like the Hornets are doing it right this time. If talking through the draft, then Hornets have sucked there as well for many years. Might have got it right this time.

21 hours ago, HoopKing20 said:

I don't understand this thinking about not signing someone like Hayward.  It sounds like a trust the process mentality that hasn't worked.  Hornets draft and develop for 3 or 4 years and you will see the good ones jump first chance.  A 3 or 4 year contract for a legit all star type like Hayward is huge.  Slight overpay per reports, sucked to stretch Batum.  But Hayward is everything Hornets need these next 3 or 4 years. He chose a non destination for all star caliber players.  Team is Leading league in assists, 8th seed right now, and all the young guys are flourishing in their roles. The team can still get solid youth in the door. 

It's a young core but the Hayward signing was perfect for this team.  You need a veteran that can help the younger guys when things get tough.

As the season progresses you will most likely start seeing the Hornets on national TV more.  

Mitch Kupchak is doing well and I believe he'll be smart and not strap this team with players and poor fat contracts. 

5 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Probably because we never won anything. Never made it past the semis with the muggsy teams or the baron davis teams.

Yeah but if you were a NC native, it is hard to forget how much fun those teams were and how raucous the games were. I am not sure professional basketball will ever be that good in NC again.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Yeah but if you were a NC native, it is hard to forget how much fun those teams were and how raucous the games were. I am not sure professional basketball will ever be that good in NC again.

I dont think professional bball will ever be that good again period. 

Archived