• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

State of the Huddle 2021

Zod

Why did you have to bring up Trump?  Would you have done the same under Obama?  How you feeling about free speech these days?  Pretty good since it’s been silenced in your favor. 

Very scary times for freedoms in our country right now and now the state run media sets the narrative 100% for all the news. 

so sad.  

Upgrades look great. Huddle looks the best it has since 2006 when I joined. So many posters have come and gone and many more will in the years ahead. But the one constant thing we always have to look forward to is the Panthers being perpetually mediocre.

12 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Gettling a new GM is probably gonna help.

I know there are loads of inpatient Panther fans on Twitter chomping at the bit to hear some news.

I'm not so much chomping at the bit because I'm impatient.  I'm worried on of the frontrunners/our choice will be snagged up before Tepper finishes shuffling through the mountain of paperwork trying to analyze who the hell he wants. 

13 hours ago, Zod said:

Friends, Huddlers, Countryfolk, lend me your beers. 

This is your official 2021 State of the Huddle address. 

I am not going to lie. As you can imagine, 2020 was a devastating year in many respects and the Huddle was not immune from it. 2020 took a big toll on many of us personally and financially. It was a complete poo show, from top to bottom. 

To make matters more difficult, 2020 was also the year the Panthers decided to rebuild. Although necessary, it didn't exactly help things in terms of fan support. I've spoken with numerous outlets and 2020 was equally rough for everyone. 

That was the past and I am ready to put it behind us. I hope you are as well. 

Since January 1 I have been working behind the scenes on several improvements to the Huddle. A new year's cleansing if you will. Some of the updates include:

- A Server Upgrade to the latest stable software levels. 

- An upgrade to the huddle software itself, bringing a new look and new features. 

- Banning Donald Trump from the Huddle. 

- Replacing the blog front page with our community page. 

- Streamlining the community front page ( check it out )

- Activating an automatic moderation system

I am hopeful that 2021 will bring a new exciting era to the Carolina Panthers team we all know and love starting with a GM and draft pick that excites us deep down in our loins. 

Thank you for sticking around in 2020. I know it was contentious at times (many times) and the season overall was far from memorable. And yet here we are, ready for bigger and better things. 

Look At Us Paul Rudd GIF

Love the updates.

Sadly 2021 will be worse than 2020 by far.  

There's and old saying.  "Be careful what you wish for.  You just might get it."  In this case.  We (used loosely) did. 

TBH, 2019 Was the worst year of my life.  My wife and I got a divorce, I lost a job that I was making over close to 100k per year, my car was repossessed and I was pretty much homeless. I couldn't find a job that would pay me what I was making before ($32 an hour). It was rough.

In October 2019, I got hired as a tranist bus driver. After training which ended the last week of 2019, i worked my ass off. I worked all my days off and was stacking money. Even though I was in the low 20's I was able to save.  COVID hit and I worked 90 days in a row  from end of January to April.  . At that time California went on lock down and I thought I was gonna get laid off. But they only cut OT. 

Since I went a year without accidents,  missed less the 5 days and had no passenger falls, I was able to jump to 28 an hour to end 2020. This job saved my life. I know its a struggle for many people and 2020 has been a nightmare,  just have faith and let's all pray 2021 is a better year for us all.

23 hours ago, Zod said:

Since January 1 I have been working behind the scenes on several improvements to the Huddle. A new year's cleansing if you will. Some of the updates include:

- A Server Upgrade to the latest stable software levels. 

- An upgrade to the huddle software itself, bringing a new look and new features. 

- Banning Donald Trump from the Huddle. 

- Replacing the blog front page with our community page. 

- Streamlining the community front page ( check it out )

- Activating an automatic moderation system

I love all of this.

1 hour ago, Keep Pounding said:

TBH, 2019 Was the worst year of my life.  My wife and I got a divorce, I lost a job that I was making over close to 100k per year, my car was repossessed and I was pretty much homeless. I couldn't find a job that would pay me what I was making before ($32 an hour). It was rough.

In October 2019, I got hired as a tranist bus driver. After training which ended the last week of 2019, i worked my ass off. I worked all my days off and was stacking money. Even though I was in the low 20's I was able to save.  COVID hit and I worked 90 days in a row  from end of January to April.  . At that time California went on lock down and I thought I was gonna get laid off. But they only cut OT. 

Since I went a year without accidents,  missed less the 5 days and had no passenger falls, I was able to jump to 28 an hour to end 2020. This job saved my life. I know its a struggle for many people and 2020 has been a nightmare,  just have faith and let's all pray 2021 is a better year for us all.

KEEP POUNDING BRO.

On 1/11/2021 at 9:44 PM, CAPantherFan said:

Why did you have to bring up Trump?  Would you have done the same under Obama?  How you feeling about free speech these days?  Pretty good since it’s been silenced in your favor. 

Very scary times for freedoms in our country right now and now the state run media sets the narrative 100% for all the news. 

so sad.  

This.

Archived