• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pederson fired by Eagles

Mr. Scot

This is actually an important development for us, given the current draft order.  Gotta watch that hiring process carefully to see how the new staff feels about Wentz.  If they think they can salvage him, it's one less team to worry about drafting a QB, and another potential trade up partner.

3 minutes ago, BrianS said:

This is actually an important development for us, given the current draft order.  Gotta watch that hiring process carefully to see how the new staff feels about Wentz.  If they think they can salvage him, it's one less team to worry about drafting a QB, and another potential trade up partner.

But they have Hurts. They don't need to draft a QB. 

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I can go either way on it. One could easily argue that if we had pressured Rivera to do the same earlier then maybe we wouldn't have had to have endured that lame duck year.

Loyalty is only good if you're loyal to the right people.

Jerry Richardson taught us that.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You'd think he'd be untouchable, but word is that an old friend might give him a lift.

Jets GM Joe Douglas knows Pederson from his time with the Eagles. There's talk Douglas might reach out to him about their head coaching job.

Its a move that would make too much sense. And a good one too. It may potentially revive Sam Darnold's career.

2 minutes ago, ENCPantherfan2 said:

But they have Hurts. They don't need to draft a QB. 

Did you watch them play?  Hurts was not good.  Wentz was not good.  They need someone to come in and salvage that room or they may well be in play for a QB.  What's worse, they have two "dual threat" QB's there.  What if the new staff wants a passer?

All cards down . . . I like Wentz.  I don't know what happened to him.  I think there's a player in there somewhere.  But the fans up there do NOT like him.  The staff (former) up there clearly had doubts.  His contract is untradeable in this cap environment.

That situation up there is pretty important for our FO to keep an eye on.

I thought the team tanked on purpose with blessings from ownership and the “meeting” was a sham to cover up the fact it was all intentional. I was very wrong.

Now I am guessing Pederson was married to Wentz and did not want to move forward with Hurts.

Archived