• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another GM Interview

Mr. Scot

8 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Probably means no Peters as well.

I wouldn't assume that.

Breer and Rapoport had named Fitterer as someone that we were interested in before the process ever started but his name never showed up on the interview list...till now.

Guessing he wasn't able (or wasn't willing) to interview till after Seattle was out.

3 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I was just watching First Take and they were discussing how Seattle hasn't hit on their first round picks.  

It's has me worried that they are not happy with any of the 400 interviews we've already conducted. 

I agree that they must not love any of the candidates interviewed so far. 

I briefly started to look at the Seahawks draft history and they haven’t drafted earlier than 27 in the last 8 drafts.

6 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I was just watching First Take and they were discussing how Seattle hasn't hit on their first round picks.  

It's has me worried that they are not happy with any of the 400 interviews we've already conducted. 

One thing I find a little odd...

For the last several years, Fitterer has worked alongside Trent Kirchner. Kirchner has Panther connections. He worked here for a while in the scouting department before moving on to Seattle. pretty much every time we've had a job opening, Kirchner has been connected to it.

But we're interviewing Fitterer and not Kirchner. Haven't seen any indication that we're set to interview Ryan Cowden either.

Connections to the old regime don't seem to mean much.

It is in many ways the exact opposite of our coach search. It does lead me to believe that no candidate has really "hit a homerun" in their interview like Rhule did. Alternatively, it does take to "two to tango" and perhaps the hesitancy is from the candidate rather than the team.

I think I would rather have a little too much information than too little information and more options rather than less options.

Archived