• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper Rhules

KBRed

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

Don't forget PJ, I'm totally fine with him to try to evaluate his future as well.

We just didn't need to spend the money on Teddy, KK, and Anderson this year, not to mention Shaq...team would have many more options sitting here today.

Had we not had a guy who believed we could win now (and who kinda needed that to happen for his own best interests) we might have taken a different path.

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

Don't forget PJ, I'm totally fine with him to try to evaluate his future as well.

We just didn't need to spend the money on Teddy, KK, and Anderson this year, not to mention Shaq...team would have many more options sitting here today.

Agreed we weren’t a QB away so no need to sign Teddy with the intent on him being the long term guy. That’s the only reason I said keep Cam because him being on the team I viewed as a win/win. If he was trash you don’t have to cut him you just let him move on. It’s just sad that the Patriots showed him more dignity than we did. What they did for him in his final game there was first class. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Had we not had a guy who believed we could win now (and who kinda needed that to happen for his own best interests) we might have taken a different path.

Since I'm in a Tepper thread....

Had we had an owner at the top who had done actual research on the Panthers, Marty Hurney, and Ron Rivera...and done the correct thing when he purchased the team, we are likely in a better spot today.  Leaving Marty in charge was about the last thing I would expect a smart person to do.

11 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Agreed we weren’t a QB away so no need to sign Teddy with the intent on him being the long term guy. That’s the only reason I said keep Cam because him being on the team I viewed as a win/win. If he was trash you don’t have to cut him you just let him move on. It’s just sad that the Patriots showed him more dignity than we did. What they did for him in his final game there was first class. 

I'm not hating on Cam, but the 20M we should have banked by cutting him would have been awfully valuable right now...that's the part of it that was the correct move.

Instead we let Hurney torpedo another season, and off season...because....well....we....uh....gotta fix the business side of things first.

Archived