• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mac Jones

12 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I would say that Burrow definitely doesn't have elite arm talent for the NFL. Not IMO. He does have scrambling ability, I will say that. 

Wasn't a big fan of him coming into the NFL but he was impressive early for the Bengals. I do think it was obvious he wasn't the caliber of QB that Herbert is, however. That much seems pretty obvious. 

Right now, yes. But Baker Mayfield had the record for TD's and everyone thinks he's meh now. So, I guess we'll see with Burrow next year. Although, him coming off an injury is rough. 

4 hours ago, panthers55 said:

And let's be honest. Let's say he does run a 5.0. Do you think 3 tenths of a second matters at the QB position? It isn't like Rodgers is trying to outrun people. It is more important to be able to move in the pocket and avoid getting sacked and Jones did that pretty well when he was pressured and he got the ball out quickly.

Yes it does, 3 tenths is a huge in the nfl.

5 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Right now, yes. But Baker Mayfield had the record for TD's and everyone thinks he's meh now. So, I guess we'll see with Burrow next year. Although, him coming off an injury is rough. 

Baker Mayfield has almost none of the natural abilities that Herbert does. The one thing I will give Baker is that he is an upper tier gunslinger, IMO. He seems to be working out pretty well for Cleveland, at the moment.

11 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

On a side note, over the last two games for Fields you definitely see the arm talent.  His best throws are probably a lot more impressive than Jones best.  Here again maybe Jones doesn't have to make those throws or maybe he can't.

It didn't happen a lot last night, but two I remember late in the game were easy to miss.  He made one throw on an out pattern which didn't go for a ton of yards, but it was a long throw and he put it right in the receiver's hands. 

The second was the "almost TD pass" that was (correctly) overturned on replay.  That was a great throw, a great (almost) catch, and a great play by the defender to get his hand in there at the last second to prevent the receiver from securing the ball.

He had a couple that he put too much mustard on when a touch pass was called for, but he will figure that out. 

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Baker Mayfield has almost none of the natural abilities that Herbert does. The one thing I will give Baker is that he is an upper tier gunslinger, IMO. He seems to be working out pretty well for Cleveland, at the moment.

Yeah, he damn sure has been solid this year. And Cleveland is winning Playoff games. Hard to argue with what he is doing. I think their run ends this Sunday though. 

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

They are very different styles of QB.  You nailed it, Mayfield is a gunslinger. 

3 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Yeah, he damn sure has been solid this year. And Cleveland is winning Playoff games. Hard to argue with what he is doing. I think their run ends this Sunday though. 

I genuinely like Baker as a player and a guy. I do think having that style of QB can limit you, at times. All it takes is a few "I can make that throw" moments and he can cripple you. But, he'll also win you games because of that "never say die" playing style.  

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I genuinely like Baker as a player and a guy. I do think having that style of QB can limit you, at times. All it takes is a few "I can make that throw" moments and he can cripple you. But, he'll also win you games because of that "never say die" playing style.  

Exactly.  See Brett Favre.  He threw away several playoff games with the "I can make that throw" moments.  It is just the nature of the beast.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I would say that Burrow definitely doesn't have elite arm talent for the NFL. Not IMO. He does have scrambling ability, I will say that. 

Wasn't a big fan of him coming into the NFL but he was impressive early for the Bengals. I do think it was obvious he wasn't the caliber of QB that Herbert is, however. That much seems pretty obvious. 

For the record I told y’all a year ago Herbert was the best QB in the draft. I watched him a lot in college and he was operating like a NFL QB already. 

43 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That's why I never have understood how Jameis gets poo on so much. He is that same style of player.

Jameis is in a league of his own when it comes to "what the heck moments", which is unfortunate, because he has elite arm talent.

Personally I would have preferred him on his cheap contract, than Teddy on his though.

45 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That's why I never have understood how Jameis gets poo on so much. He is that same style of player.

Well despite the obvious double standard, Jameis was a moron off the field before he did anything on it. At least #4 made a name on the field before he started trying to force his genitalia on people. 

On the flip side it’s also Amazing that Big Ben had two rape cases and still maintained a NFL career. 

Archived