• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peters is out - GM Search down to 3 candidates

Zod

4 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Tepper has no idea especially when he comes out in the interview after he fired Hurney and said well I kept him here to help him and Rhule to learn more. Yeah I think it shows a lot with so many interviews but y’all can keep thinking they are dying due diligence.

Let's be honest, if we only interviewed three or four guys you'd probably be ranting and raving about that too.

1 minute ago, Khaki Lackey said:

I think we'll be good at drafting the next two years. Once Rhule has been out of the college loop for longer than that, I hope whoever our GM is had a good eye for talent. 

This. The Seahawks mirrored this too. The early drafts following Carroll's hiring were home runs. These college coaches know college talent.

5 minutes ago, Ship said:

I guess I'm on the Fitterer train. Ossenfort hasn't done anything. Poles is too young for me to know. I'd really like Poles here as a VP or assistant GM or something.

Fitterer's not a bad choice at all. He's been getting GM looks for years.

Disappointed about not getting Peters or Dodds. 

Fitterer would be the one I hope we land now. What he did with the Hawks all of those years beside and learning from Schneider is perfectly fine, as well as a SB ring. 

As someone else pointed out, very similar dynamic between Carroll and Schneider as would be here in Carolina. 

it's hard not to feel like we just missed out on the best candidates because of this "pioneering" new structure tepper wants to implement

obviously there's no way of knowing how Peters or Dodds would've turned out, but there was a clear gap in resume and in perception of their abilities from league people verses the field, and our cutesy operating method appears to be the barrier between this getting done

To be clear, from what I've read about Adam Peters, I don't think collaboration with Matt Rhule would have been any sort of problem.

Also worth mentioning that Joe Person said if we hired a traditional talent evaluator in the GM spot, that guy was going to be give from final say on the roster.

I don't necessarily buy Tepper is the problem in this case.

To be honest, my first thought is that he really loves his current job and location and probably knows that he could be the GM there soon enough.

Archived