• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peters is out - GM Search down to 3 candidates

Zod

8 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

I agree, but he isn't making any sense. The Seahawks had 7 picks in the top 4 rounds that draft, and his argument is that stockpiling 7 round picks is stupid. It doesn't even equate here. 

That whole debate is one of those perpetual arguments that never gets resolved.

It's like pass rush versus coverage. There are people who believe in each one, people who have succeeded with both, and people who have failed with either.

The whole "more picks vs better picks" debate will probably still be going on long after we're all gone.

Seattle’s team is basically here you go russ bail us out. Dk fell bc of the 3 cone bs. That’s great they recognized it was bs. They miss on almost every single first round pick. Get hurney back in the building and have him handle the 1st bc this guy certainly can’t.

really hope it’s poles if peters is out

Just now, Panthers8969 said:

Seattle’s team is basically here you go russ bail us out. Dk fell bc of the 3 cone bs. That’s great they recognized it was bs. They miss on almost every single first round pick. Get hurney back in the building and have him handle the 1st bc this guy certainly can’t.

Why do people assume that a every assistant GM or personnel exec was completely responsible for the drafts of their perspective teams and will make exactly the same types of moves and decisions going forward with a different team. It makes no sense.

Brandon Beane doesn't run the Bills like Hurney or Gettlemen.  Those guys are universally ridiculed yet everyone loves Beane.

2 hours ago, CanePantherHornet said:

In 2013 everyone wanted Marc Ross. Everyone was making fun of the 49ers for hiring John Lynch. All the Giants fans I know were circlejerking over Dave Gettleman. I remember Panthers fans needing a vallium when it was rumored that Brandon Beane was going to take over for Marty Hurney, now everyone wishes he would have. 

The point is, there's just no way to know about executives when you're a fan. We have no idea who is actually responsible for what and who would actually be the best fit for the job.

Damn straight.

I guess I prefer Fitterer (sp?) Out of the remaining 3, but as a fan, what do I know?

I'm starting to think Rhule will be the guy regardless of the GM, and he just wants the GM as a sort of sounding board to give him some feedback on the players they're evaluating.  

8 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

Since 2013 their draft classes have been downright awful. 

It’s pretty easy to see why they’ve tailed off the last few years. Once that initial influx of talent aged or moved on they’ve never been able to come close to replacing them. 

2 1st rounders was a steep price to pay for a box safety in Adams but if I’m a Seahawks fan I’m not overly bothered by it because they generally just waste their 1st rounders anyways

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

In what way? You aren't communicating in a coherent fashion. 

as in, you either are too lazy to counter what I said before, or have realized that you agree with what I am saying, and are now laying down a string of very bland, very generic insults revolving around e-cred in the hopes you can post last

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Damn straight.

I guess I prefer Fitterer (sp?) Out of the remaining 3, but as a fan, what do I know?

I'm starting to think Rhule will be the guy regardless of the GM, and he just wants the GM as a sort of sounding board to give him some feedback on the players they're evaluating.  

I don't know if Rhule will have final roster say, but Fitterer is coming from an environment where the head coach does, so...

Archived