• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers to hire Scott Fitterer as GM

Mr. Scot

The Carolina Panthers have traded the 8th overall pick in the draft, along with a future 1st round pick to the Cincinnati Bengals in exchange for the 5th overall pick

With the 5th overall pick in the NFL Draft, the Carolina Panthers select, Quarterback-Kellen Mond, Mississippi State

39 minutes ago, blueandblackattack said:

According to this, the Seahawks have been 10th in drafting efficiency over the last 5 years, right next to the highly touted Saints and Ravens. So top 3rd of the NFL in drafting is still pretty good I think.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2020/nfl-drafting-efficiency-2010-2019

Seahawks-Draft-efficiency.png

Scroll further down........

After adjusting for the amount of draft capital used, the Seahawks remain in the No. 1 position. By a mile.

9 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Here is why I like it--and it is all circumstantial.  But the wisdom here will be explosive. 

I have compared Rhule to Carroll.  In many ways, they are very similar coaches. 

They have drafted unusual players over the years finding value in players others were not frothing at the mouth to get.  I thought their players were drafted too early--and I laughed (to myself).  Russell Wilson, for example, in the third round.  He sorta revolutionalized the QB position.  That was the same draft they took Wagner in the second (Utah St, I think) and Bruce Irvin in the first.  The grabbed DK Metcalf with the 64th pick...They seem to draft players who will respond to Carroll's coaching style.

Carroll and Rhule are going to go after players who fit their system (especially on D) and Rhule is going to get a lot out of players they found bottom feeding. I think when they drafted Shaquem Griffin in the fifth round, it told me that Carroll is confident in his ability to help a player overcome shortcomings.  He values family, and he knew Shaq Griffin would be inspirational to the other players. 

So that is all I can come up with, but the connection between the coach and scouting dept seems to have been pretty strong.  What does that mean?  We will find out.

No they aren’t. Carroll has won poo. 

30 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

This is wrong and we have an entire thread showing that the Seahawks were the best in the last 10 years and 5 years at drafting compared to everyone else in the top 4 

Last 5? Last 10 includes the Wilson year which was the best. I think you need to look at the last 5 again. 2016 isn’t shown but Seattle let their 1st rounder walk after his rookie deal he played so well. Metcalf, Lewis, Reed, Collier, Carson, Pocic, Dissly and Griffin. Those are the only 2020 starters from the past 5 years and Pocic is bad (called for how many penalties in last week’s loss), Dissly is a blocking TE (24 catches), Collier is meh and Carson’s fine but easily replaced.

3 above average starters in 5 years in Metcalf, Reed and Griffin. The other five are no better than saying Ian Thomas, Donte and Carter are our starters.

In the last 5 years, I’d put CMC, Shaq, Moton, Samuel, Moore, Burns, Brown and Chinn so far above Seattle’s good starters.

Top 4 NFL in the last 5 years is horse poo. If you are saying top 4 as in this is the best drafting of the 4 guys we had in for 2nd interviews then damn, we really didn’t worry about their drafting track record recently. Gettleman and Marty wiped the floor with Seattle’s picks the last four years.

8C006FBF-E75B-49BC-8710-554C7B98488E.thumb.png.2a34b1261facbfa470f0dc78aadeb484.png

Archived