Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Win #1 in the books. A knock out shut out!


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, CanesFanDan said:

Canes looked solid tonight. An early score by Nino set the tone and they played hard. Big hit from Skjei, some fighting from Dougie and some late game goals to seal the deal. Undefeated! 

 

Dougie looking like an older brother who decided his younger brother needed to be set straight.

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really nice to see both Dzingel and Nino scoring, they really could use the confidence boost this season.

If Nino can score at a 50 point pace or maybe like 25 points this year at least that would be huge.

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, CanesFanDan said:

Canes looked solid tonight. An early score by Nino set the tone and they played hard. Big hits from Skjei, some fighting from Dougie and some late game goals to seal the deal. Undefeated! 

 

Fixed that for you!  Skjei was laying the wood tonight, really impressed me.

Also, once PP1 gets going watch out, they really controlled the puck well when we were on the Power Play...once they pot one I feel like that group is going to be scary!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mrazek, who is notorious for his bad starts, looked surprisingly calm and played well. Got himself in a bad spot more than once, but the D in front of him played really well. 

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Mrazek, who is notorious for his bad starts, looked surprisingly calm and played well. Got himself in a bad spot more than once, but the D in front of him played really well. 

Ya, he had help from the post at least twice cause he got too far out of net. His reaction time was good though last night.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just remember, the Red Wings are in the running for worst team in the league. The Hurricanes, and us as fans, should start expecting to dismantle these types of teams. I know its the first game of the season, and there is still some rust to shake off, and the Canes were solid, but there are things that need to be tightened up. After the game, Coach indicated as much:

 

  • Pie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CanesFanDan said:

Happy but never satisfied.

You will never be satisfied. 

 

 

Also, Isn't it always a crap shoot with the first game of the season. As it goes on there are more knowns about each team? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Zod said:

You will never be satisfied. 

 

 

Also, Isn't it always a crap shoot with the first game of the season. As it goes on there are more knowns about each team? 

Kind of but not entirely. I think coaching matters much less in the NHL than other sports and for the most part if a player is good, he’ll be good in any system and with any team he’s on (there are exceptions of course). Everyone around the league pretty much knows what the Red Wings are, and that’s a team that is still in the beginning of a massive rebuild (after 25 straight playoff seasons and like 3 championships...). They were by far the worst team last year and didn’t add much in the way of players who will contribute this season.

 

Overall I’m still really happy with our performance. No we didn’t blow them out of the water like we maybe should’ve, but we controlled the game and if not for Greiss standing on his head at times would’ve won by more. A little sloppy but there’s plenty of time to clean that up a bit, and most other teams are in the same boat with that.

  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, t96 said:

Overall I’m still really happy with our performance. No we didn’t blow them out of the water like we maybe should’ve, but we controlled the game and if not for Greiss standing on his head at times would’ve won by more. A little sloppy but there’s plenty of time to clean that up a bit, and most other teams are in the same boat with that.

Agreed. I am more than satisfied with what I saw, just trying to remind myself that its game 1 and it was against the Red Wings.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...