• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Howell

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not about to wade into a local school debate :)

I do think Howell is pretty good though.

It's so annoying when people get caught up in their feels and can't see past the college jersey a kid wears. I can't stand certain schools but if there's a kid there who's a good prospect at a position of need for us, then bring him on. Thinking otherwise is just dense.

21 hours ago, TSLA said:

I really don’t understand the hype around Howell. Most of it comes from Carolina fans. Kid isn’t that great. 

Sam has a great deep pass. That is what makes him so dangerous. If you have a good power back behind him, he is extremely difficult to defend. I would say he has the best deep pass I have seen in the last 3-4 years. That is why most people want him including me. I realize it is subjective.

I'm not thinking about next year's draft, I am thinking of this year's draft and the fact the Panthers need a franchise QB.  I am looking at how we go about doing or not doing that this year. 

Howell and Rattler have made the biggest impression upon me for next year's class.  I haven't really seen any of the rest mentioned in this thread play.

3 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I'm not thinking about next year's draft, I am thinking of this year's draft and the fact the Panthers need a franchise QB.  I am looking at how we go about doing or not doing that this year. 

Howell and Rattler have made the biggest impression upon me for next year's class.  I haven't really seen any of the rest mentioned in this thread play.

The Panthers might not think there is a franchise QB at #8, or they might not  feel anyone not Trevor Lawrence is worth trading assets to move up.

Let's just put it this way.   Unless we are in the top 5 draft positions next year, we won't have to worry about drafting Howell.  He'll be gone. 

The resident trolls who think he is blah either never watched Carolina or so full of BS their eyes are turning brown.   IE This take.  What a joke.

On 1/16/2021 at 2:06 AM, Panthera onca said:

The elite talent at the skill positions has allowed Sam to shine in a sucky ACC. He just chucks it up as far as he can and let’s Dazz and Dyami make plays against overmatched DBs.

You don't hit a fast moving target, in stride without knowing what you are doing.  Howell has the arm talent of any QB in this draft.

While I give you he has talented receivers.  You can make the point they look so talented because Howell knows how to put the ball where they can make the play.

12 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Yep. I'm fully hoping we land a potential franchise QB THIS year. If we don't, I'm all in on Howell at that point. Mortgage the farm. Steal the neighbors' farms and mortgage them too.

6 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Does that mean you are against tanking?

Pulling a front office tank for next year would be tough unless you literally got rid of Teddy and started Walker or Grier the whole year.

If that happened, we'd probably lose the team pretty quickly. I don't think you are going to see this staff get very on board with the idea of tanking, nor should they.

Archived