• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Owner, New Coach, New GM...

SetfreexX

Who's Your Guy?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Draft picks, and future assets be damned, give me Watson at ANY cost!
    • The Old veteran Stafford
    • Rookie - Fields / Lance / WIlson

Normally when all three of these things align a ''New QB'' is all but guaranteed, so with that being the case what would you like to see?

Initial thoughts, if we trade for Watson how do we handle the dead money from trading or releasing Teddy? Would we be able to FT / extend Moton? Potentially losing multiple first round picks in the process on a team that still has lacking talent on the OL, LB, and secondary. 

Being able to build around a talented rookie at that pay-scale allowing us to bolster other parts of the roster over the first 5 years of a rookie's career is an extremely valuable asset knowing the money that Watson or even a Stafford would command, I'm not really in on Stafford as he's always seemingly an injury risk, and he's older than Cam so that's a move that doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  

Edited by SetfreexX

I'd do my due diligence. I'd be scouting the hell out of these QBs and I'd also be having preliminary conversations with Houston and Detroit to determine the viability of working out a deal. I'd also be having preliminary conversations with teams like Miami that may potentially be willing to move down. Gotta explore all options and not go all in on any Plan A. Don't be Mike Shula.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Zod said:

Fields or Wilson yes. 

Lance has the biggest risk associated with him. 

If we want Lance and have a shot to get him (maybe even with a trade back?) I think it would be worth the risk, but you'd have to sit him for at least a year, maybe 2, behind Teddy for him to develop in time. Could be a tremendous move in the long run, but we'd have to put up with watching Teddy start for another year+... Give me a trade up for Fields if possible.

11 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

This is their first stint in their current positions at the NFL level....so ''new''.

Enjoy yourself. 

I get that, and I also think it's likely we grab a new QB this offseason but Rhule and Tepper technically already got their "new QB." They moved on from Cam who wasn't all that far removed from an MVP and then were involved in picking Teddy. I do think they've seen enough from Teddy that they will move on from him this soon but I don't think it's the 100% sure thing that it would seem to be if they hadn't already signed a QB to a starter contract last year.