• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer Press Conference Thread

Zod

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah but he didn't mention Brian Burns. Does that mean he is going to get traded? How about Shaq Thompson? DJ Moore?

Like I said, don't read into it too much. It could be something but it could just as easily be nothing. The things that made me think we are moving on is precisely what you are talking about with the elite QB attributes. I don't know if those were directed at Teddy intentionally but I do know that he doesn't have those qualities. 

Ok I dont think your ignorant. I do think you have to be willfully ignorant on this occasion to not see whats going on here.

When Fit was asked about his philosophy and the first thing he said was qb that should have told you right there.

If a team has a good qb in place he would have said well fortunately we have a good qb in place and now we need to focus on OL...but when his first order of business is qb it should tell you right there.  This is the huddle so you won't agree with me, but I think you're in the minority here. 

• Beer 1

I told y'all last month that Teddy is toast. After hearing Fitt talk about his definition of a franchise QB having the ability to put the team on his shoulders and win the game in the fourth quarter, I believe it 100 percent. Teddy is like the antithesis of what Fitt's looks for in a franchise QB. Teddy's really a failure at the priority trait that Fitt wants. And, make no mistake, it is the priority because Fitt mentioned it twice!

Edited by top dawg

6 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Ok I dont think your ignorant. I do think you have to be willfully ignorant on this occasion to not see whats going on here.

When Fit was asked about his philosophy and the first thing he said was qb that should have told you right there.

If a team has a good qb in place he would have said well fortunately we have a good qb in place and now we need to focus on OL...but when his first order of business is qb it should tell you right there.  This is the huddle so you won't agree with me, but I think you're in the minority here. 

You are making this about Teddy, which is because you don't like the guy. That's projecting. 

Fitterer is also saying what every single GM in the NFL would likely say. It's about the QB. If you want to read my volumes of posts talking about how this is a QB driven league, feel free to search. You are taking one just simply factual statement and making it an attack on Teddy Bridgewater when that is very likely not the case. If Teddy wasn't on our roster and it was PJ Walker, he'd still probably say that because it is a true statement no matter who is at QB. Interpreting this as an assault on Teddy or some public spat is some ESPN bobblehead poo. 

Tepper also mentioned the QB yesterday in an interview. Rhule talked about the QB and Teddy in his final season interview. All this stuff is a pretty good indicator they all know we need a QB. I gotta be honest....I think at least some of them probably also knew that before the season even started.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think trading down is very possible...in future drafts.

It's purely a gut feeling, but I think if we do trade in the first round of this draft it's going to be up, not down.

I agree. We have the chance to get an elite QB prospect and this draft may have many more options than the typical NFL Draft. You don't squander that opportunity in a QB needy league.

Look around the league, as well. The need for elite QB's is about to get really dire and that is only going to raise their value further. 

8 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I won't be surprised, but Jones has limitations when considering the modern NFL franchise QB.

I think that is premature to assume.  Each of these guys will sink or swim mostly by their own desire to be good or be paid.   Finding that guy you can develop to be as good as he is capable of being and keeping him that takes someone who knows what he's doing.  No matter who the draft, trade for or pick up off the street I feel better about our chances of getting better at the position because we are not using our gut to pick them.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think trading down is very possible...in future drafts.

It's purely a gut feeling, but I think if we do trade in the first round of this draft it's going to be up, not down.

I feel the same way, though I believe we could trade back maybe 8-10 spots if he believes we can still get our guy! I think he is kind of taking this as an opportunity that he may not have going forward!

I'm thinking that we have to be getting a QB (unless we acquire Watson)! 

• Beer 1