• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Five years ago today

12 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

the luke pick was the loudest that stadium has ever been

louder than the pick against dallas in 96

I wasn't there for the championship game but the week before against the Seahawks was pretty fuging loud when Stew had that run and Luke's pick 6. 

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Enter Hurney. Doom of the franchise.

Nail in the coffin was Ron being a dumbass and playing an obviously hurt Cam at the end of 2016 in some meaningless games. That got the ball rolling downhill in terms of his health. Still think the franchise was salvageable before that.

Either way, Ron shouldn't have outcoached by Gary fuging Kubiak in the SB. I wouldn't even care about the state of the franchise rn if we had just won that lombardi.

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin
  • Pie 2

7 minutes ago, t96 said:

I wasn't there for the championship game but the week before against the Seahawks was pretty fuging loud when Stew had that run and Luke's pick 6. 

oh fug i thought that WAS seattle. I didn't click the youtube. 

yeah, it was the luke pick. i could feel my seat shaking. 

the second half was the worst half of football of my life. If that game was five minutes longer the Panthers lose. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

oh fug i thought that WAS seattle. I didn't click the youtube. 

yeah, it was the luke pick. i could feel my seat shaking. 

the second half was the worst half of football of my life. If that game was five minutes longer the Panthers lose. 

Yeah the way that game started could not have been any more perfect, I was loving every second of the first half. Ditto on the second half. Glad we pulled it out but man that 2nd half may have taken a few years off of my life...

17 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

Feels nearly 20 years ago....

This.  Man....  it was such a beautiful time to be a Panthers fan.  Cam and Luke were just lights out that year and at that point in time, it felt like it was absolutely our year, and we would be contending every year out from there.  My, how things quickly change.

• Pie 1

I wish we would’ve played NE in the SB that year. It was a better matchup for us. That D line the Broncos had feasted on our inept O line and inability to adjust on the fly. Didn’t help Philly Brown went out early, our Rbs decided to loses the ball every other touch and once that Cotchery catch got deemed a drop I knew it was all over. That was a very unfortunate SB but that should’ve been what finally got us O Line help and more weapons but alas we weren’t ready for success under that regime. Great NFC championship game though, lol!

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Nail in the coffin was Ron being a dumbass and playing an obviously hurt Cam at the end of 2016 in some meaningless games. That got the ball rolling downhill in terms of his health. Still think the franchise was salvageable before that.

Either way, Ron shouldn't have outcoached by Gary fuging Kubiak in the SB. I wouldn't even care about the state of the franchise rn if we had just won that lombardi.

I couldn't agree more. Ron and Remmers screwed us in the big game.