• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Updated QB odds and Outlooks

ncfan

Panthers no longer lead the Odds for Watson and not in it for Stafford.

Draft wise.

We know Lawerence will go 1 and about as good of odds with QB going #2 as there are a Healthy Cam coming back here.

Detroit ahead of us already in the draft may be able to get a late 1 for Stafford along with their 2022 1 to jump and secure their QB at 3.

Tepper and them are sending out all this smoke etc that we are going to target a QB.  But we may be rolling the same guys out there this next season.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Snake said:

I really doubt we get a QB this year. Teddy two gloves will tank us another year. Best we can do is trade back and collect some draft capital. Then we will be a overall better team until we find our QB. That Washington game really hurt us. 

If this year is what tanking looks like I hate to see what happens with a healthy CMC.  It just won't matter who is taking snaps for us next year, we're gonna be a game or two better just with a real offseason and CMC back.

Dane Brugler thinks Matt Rhule will find Mac Jones intriguing because of his intangibles. And it's worth remembering that Rhule attempted to recruit Jones to Baylor.

On the flipside, when he was asked what he looked for in a quarterback, new GM Scott Fitterer listed arm strength as one of his top characteristics.

Could be some discussion there...

• Pie 3

28 minutes ago, BrianS said:

If this year is what tanking looks like I hate to see what happens with a healthy CMC.  It just won't matter who is taking snaps for us next year, we're gonna be a game or two better just with a real offseason and CMC back.

Honestly not necessarily. We ended up with one of the easiest schedules in our division and next year because the Bucs won the conference we will play a harder schedule. Falcons will be better with a new coach and NO will probably be competitive. We do play the NFC East but I doubt they will be easier than this year so I see a similar finish. We really overachieved this year early on and I just don't think unless we have a new QB we do better. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Dane Brugler thinks Matt Rhule will find Mac Jones intriguing because of his intangibles. And it's worth remembering that Rhule attempted to recruit Jones to Baylor.

On the flipside, when he was asked what he looked for in a quarterback, new GM Scott Fitterer listed arm strength as one of his top characteristics.

I definitely could see that and Jones isn't a terrible pick although we definitely could trade down to get him. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, I saw one mock with us taking Jones with Lance still on the board and I literally, yes literally, lol'ed.