• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teams already reaching out to Detroit for Stafford

ncfan

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

I specifically said we had better skill position players surrounding the QB than the teams you listed (now your adding Pitt and SF)   You never named one equipped with better skill position guys of the 4. 

Thinking Tom Brady wins more games in Carolina than Teddy isn’t being a Panther homer. We were in every game late....with a bad QB and no CMC.   QB driven league.  It matters.  

and I’m not buying into this silly narrative that is proven false every year ....that it takes years to contend.  You can become a contender or fall off the map overnight in today’s NFL in most scenarios. 

Wow do y’all really think this team is so bad we couldn’t win 5 or 6 more games with Stafford. Look at all the weapons we have and a healthy CMC coming back. Work on offensive line in FA and draft. Damn none these other teams have the weapons we do, idk if y’all know anything. We lost 5 or 6 games by 7 or fewer with a mediocre qb. I hope it happens just some of y’all will quit coming on here with your bullcrap posts.

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

I specifically said we had better skill position players surrounding the QB than the teams you listed (now your adding Pitt and SF)   You never named one equipped with better skill position guys of the 4. 

Thinking Tom Brady wins more games in Carolina than Teddy isn’t being a Panther homer. We were in every game late....with a bad QB and no CMC.   QB driven league.  It matters.  

and I’m not buying into this silly narrative that is proven false every year ....that it takes years to contend.  You can become a contender or fall off the map overnight in today’s NFL. 

You are making the argument that our better skill position players make us a better destination to Stafford, I don't agree.  You might think so, even I might think so, that isn't the point.

I can see Stafford viewing teams such as Pittsburg or Indy as being better situations.

Just like it doesn't take years to be a contender, it doesn't take you skill positions long to change.  Samuel might be leaving, last year of Robby, and Moore doesn't have an extension and CMC is a RB.

Indy has the second most cap space, they can easily sign a FA WR.

As a Panther fan I would love to think we are the most desirable team in the league, I commend your dedication, I just don't agree with it.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

You are making the argument that our better skill position players make us a better destination to Stafford, I don't agree.  You might think so, even I might think so, that isn't the point.

I can see Stafford viewing teams such as Pittsburg or Indy as being better situations.

Just like it doesn't take years to be a contender, it doesn't take you skill positions long to change.  Samuel might be leaving, last year of Robby, and Moore doesn't have an extension and CMC is a RB.

Indy has the second most cap space, they can easily sign a FA WR.

As a Panther fan I would love to think we are the most desirable team in the league, I commend your dedication, I just don't agree with it.

You lost me at Pittsburgh, you do know Big Ben is there right?

Former player who has a radio show out in California says Stafford's favorite destinations are, in order...

1. 49ers
2. Colts
3. Jets
4. Bears
5. Panthers

Also says that the 49ers are already talking trade terms with the Lions.

How reliable is that? Don't know, but the 49ers absolutely make sense. Every quarterback wants to play in Kyle Shanahan's system.

Ditto the Colts. They're built to win now and have a solid offensive line. Stafford hasn't seen that in years.

The Jets? Possible, I suppose. They're starting fresh, and he might have a connection or two there (I haven't looked it up). And the Bears would make sense as a "screw you" to his prior team.

Us? Primary factor would be Sean Ryan I suppose, although he might like what he sees of Joe Brady's offense too. and from what I've heard, Matt Rhule is well thought of around the league.

Bottom Line: If I where to make a guess, it would probably be the Colts but San Francisco could make a pretty strong case.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

10 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

You lost me at Pittsburgh, you do know Big Ben is there right?

and he played terrible last year, and he is on the last year of his deal, and there is some thought they might be interested in finding a replacement.

Not saying they are likely for a Stafford trade, but it wouldn't be crazy to see them in the QB market in some capacity.

Edited by AU-panther

31 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

The split seems somewhat amicable, I would think they will work with him to some degree.

They aren't going to give him away for nothing, also I'm sure they would like to keep him out of the division, but I expect them to work to help them get to somewhere he wants to be.

I am curious to see how it all shakes out. Very curious to see which teams enquire, as well. 

Lots of QB needy teams in the NFL currently.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Former player who has a radio show out in California says Stafford's favorite destinations are, in order...

1. 49ers
2. Colts
3. Jets
4. Bears
5. Panthers

How reliable is that? Don't know, but the 49ers absolutely make sense. Every quarterback wants to play in Kyle Shanahan's system.

Ditto the Colts. They're built to win now and have a solid offensive line. Stafford hasn't seen that in years.

The Jets? Possible, I suppose. They're starting fresh, and he might have a connection or two there (I haven't looked it up). And the Bears would make sense as a "screw you" to his prior team.

Us? Primary factor would be Sean Ryan I suppose, although he might like what he sees of Joe Brady's offense too. and from what I've heard, Matt Rhule is well thought of around the league.

Bottom Line: If I where to make a guess, it would probably be the Colts but San Francisco could make a pretty strong case.

Jets could give up 3-4 1st round picks for Watson, or they could give up some for Stafford, then trade down a few spots with the 2nd overall pick and get back more picks than they gave up for Stafford.

Just now, AU-panther said:

Jets could give up 3-4 1st round picks for Watson, or they could give up some for Stafford, then trade down a few spots with the 2nd overall pick and get back more picks than they gave up for Stafford.

I get that. I just don't know that it would make the Jets desirable to him.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I get that. I just don't know that it would make the Jets desirable to him.

fans think in terms of the organizational history. 

Players tend to believe in the future and they have egos.   All it takes is for him to believe in the new coach or GM.  They have all of the resources to turn around quick.

8 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

Big Ben had a terrible playoff game, not season... 

that's debatable at best.

They had a great defense that carried them to a lot of wins over bad teams.  Lot of talk all year about how he was holding them back.

Also, as I said earlier he is on the last year of his deal and has pretty big bonus due.  

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

1. 49ers
2. Colts
3. Jets
4. Bears
5. Panthers

I could absolutely see Stafford in SF.  The need combined with his fit and their draft position is almost too good. 

• Pie 2

The Lions might work with Stafford to trade him to a team he wants, absolutely.

But this is also the team that made Calvin Johnson (one of the few players who made their team relevant for years) literally write them a seven figure check for his bonus when he retired, so I wouldn't put it past them not to care where Stafford goes as long as they get the best deal. It could go either way.

If the Lions have the 7th and 8th picks that gives them the best chance to package them to move up if needed and it sure seems like they are going to need to get to three for Wilson. No other team (rumored to be in the mix) can offer them a higher pick. The Lions aren't going to ruin their chances at a top QB so Stafford can pick the Steelers or Colts. 

Edited by RoaringRiot
  • Beer 1