• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If the Panthers land Stafford, it is win now, not rebuild

Zod

1 minute ago, Shotgun said:

Its hard to believe Rhule is that much of a push over. Maybe he his or maybe he just isn't good at qb evaluation. He seems promising otherwise.

It's was his boss, what's he going to do?  You can bet your ass that was the last nail in the coffin for old Marty.

17 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It's was his boss, what's he going to do?  You can bet your ass that was the last nail in the coffin for old Marty.

I cant see Teddy being brought in if Rhule wasn't on board.  Hurney the boss? You think he could of fired Rhule if he wanted to?

18 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

So the GM on the last year of an around 1M/yr contract, “made” the HC(and his 7/63M contract a final say in every roster decision) sign a QB that he didn’t want to? Is that the story still? I’m sure he didn’t consult his new OC that had coached Teddy before. It was the final nail because the team needed a scapegoat for a horrible decision that set the franchise back a year(at least). If Rhule listened to Hurney on ANY decision, then that is a mistake on his part. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

49 minutes ago, Toomers said:

So the GM on the last year of an around 1M/yr contract, “made” the HC(and his 7/63M contract a final say in every roster decision) sign a QB that he didn’t want to? Is that the story still? I’m sure he didn’t consult his new OC that had coached Teddy before. It was the final nail because the team needed a scapegoat for a horrible decision that set the franchise back a year(at least). If Rhule listened to Hurney on ANY decision, then that is a mistake on his part. 

He didn't make him of course but he was his boss and screamed the loudest.  Also hule is/was green to this head coaching thing at this level so I give him a pass on Teddy, for now.  But the next QB they sign is all on Rhule that's for sure.

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

He didn't make him of course but he was his boss and screamed the loudest.  Also hule is/was green to this head coaching thing at this level so I give him a pass on Teddy, for now.  But the next QB they sign is all on Rhule that's for sure.

And why is it that this supposed “pounding the table for Teddy” scenario became public only AFTER Hurney was fired? It wasn’t like Brady didn’t know him as well as anyone could. One person made that decision. Didn’t matter who “screamed” for what. Blaming Hurney is just the same old story of blaming the guy who is gone for everything. Thus absolving the current coach of any mistakes. 

Rhule is going to be fine. But it was his mistake. He was the only one with the power to make it. Jimmy Johnson drafted Steve Walsh in the first round of the supplemental draft, just months after using the #1 overall pick on Troy Aikman. They went 1–15 and that pick would have been #1 overall the following year. People were convinced Johnson was a mistake as a NFL HC. He sort of figured it out. Herschel trade helped. 

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

And why is it that this supposed “pounding the table for Teddy” scenario became public only AFTER Hurney was fired? It wasn’t like Brady didn’t know him as well as anyone could. One person made that decision. Didn’t matter who “screamed” for what. Blaming Hurney is just the same old story of blaming the guy who is gone for everything. Thus absolving the current coach of any mistakes. 

Rhule is going to be fine. But it was his mistake. He was the only one with the power to make it. Jimmy Johnson drafted Steve Walsh in the first round of the supplemental draft, just months after using the #1 overall pick on Troy Aikman. They went 1–15 and that pick would have been #1 overall the following year. People were convinced Johnson was a mistake as a NFL HC. He sort of figured it out. Herschel trade helped. 

Sorry I struck a nerve. I forgot how much you admired Marty.  Yes Rhule agreed to it and he is responsible for the outcome.  I'm sure it's the reason he fought to get a GM that was a REAL talent evaluator this time around. 

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Sorry I struck a nerve. I forgot how much you admired Marty.  Yes Rhule agreed to it and he is responsible for the outcome.  I'm sure it's the reason he fought to get a GM that was a REAL talent evaluator this time around. 

I hope that sarcasm. I’ve been pretty much Hurney’s most vocal critic for as long as I’ve been on here. Ask anyone. But I’m not blaming him for things he didn’t do. And never have.