• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bieniemy apparently out of the running in Houston

Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Bieniemy has consistently failed to impress when interviewing for Head Coaching jobs.

When you consider his paper thin resume, maybe he's just a shitty candidate?

You have no way of knowing this seeing as you only have conflicting internet sources to verify this. Plus, your comments about his lack of a resume is utter horseshit. Hit dogs holler. 

Edited by ImaginaryKev

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

If only Bienemy could of laid out a detailed plan.   Organizations like detailed, OCD, analytical type guys. 

we’re going to kick you in the teeth, all right, and when you punch us back, we’re going to smile at you and when you knock us down, we’re going to get up, and on the way up, we’re going to bite a knee cap off. And we’re going to stand up and then it’s going to take two more shots to knock us down. And on the way up, we’re going to take your other kneecap, and we’re going to get up and then it’s going to take three shots to get us down. And when we do, we’re going to take another hunk out of you. Before long, we’re going to be the last one standing. That’s going to be the mentality.”

If the guy running your coaching search is someone like David Tepper, that answer gets you a "thank you for coming".

If it's being run by Chris Spielman though, "Hell yeah! You're hired!"

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Bieniemy has consistently failed to impress when interviewing for Head Coaching jobs.

When you consider his paper thin resume, maybe he's just a shitty candidate?

His resumé isn't "paper thin". Hell, he's associated with one of the best offenses in the league right now.

It is valid that he might be overshadowed by Andy Reid though.

• Pie 1

50 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've seen suggestions from more than one source that he's not very good at interviewing.

There were (unverified) reports that his interview with the Panthers was a disaster.

Not only this but I believe he has a history with some red flags.

As far as the job not being appealing due to Watson, I don’t believe this. Getting rid of Watson and possibly Watt gives Texans a ton of capital for a rebuild. We’re talking 4+ first rounders.

Could be he doesn’t want to be a part of a rebuild but that does appeal to a lot of coaches.

Could also be he doesn’t want to deal with that FO.

If he did take himself out of consideration that definitely says something because he’s been wanting this position for a long time, you’d have to think it’d take a hell of a lot for him to forego an opportunity.

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Paper thin resume? What in the world?

Literally everyone else in this thread can admit race is a hurdle for qualified coaches like Eric B, Oldham doesn't wanna reckon with that so he poos my posts acknowledging it and makes up stuff to justify his opinion. It's anyone's guess why he's being so defensive about it, the conversation was going well til he showed up. 

Edited by ImaginaryKev
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Paper thin resume? What in the world?

he was coaching in the NFL....when the new Lions HC was still playing in the NFL. 

man, the Lions suck.   Always good to know the Panthers will never be the worst. 

Just now, onmyown said:

Not only this but I believe he has a history with some red flags.

As far as the job not being appealing due to Watson, I don’t believe this. Getting rid of Watson and possibly Watt gives Texans a ton of capital for a rebuild. We’re talking 4+ first rounders.

Could be he doesn’t want to be a part of a rebuild but that does appeal to a lot of coaches.

Could also be he doesn’t want to deal with that FO.

If he did take himself out of consideration that definitely says something because he’s been wanting this position for a long time, you’d have to think it’d take a hell of a lot for him to forego an opportunity.

Houston is a great opportunity to fail.