• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watched film of all the top QBs: Zach Wilson screams Mitch Trubisky but Trey Lance has some Mahomes vibes

hepcat

Lance is a talented runner because he was a RB when he was younger. I am concerned he will rely on that too much in the NFL. I know it has worked out for Lamar Jackson but Lance doesn't have that top end gear that keeps Lamar from taking a ton of punishment.

Also, I do like that Lance has a chip on his shoulder and didn't accept the P5 offers to become a DB or WR in college. Gotta like a kid who stuck with it and worked to make his dream happen.

4 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I am a huge Lance fan but he does not have the arm talent that Mahomes has. The best comp I’ve seen is McNair or Mcnabb. He has that windmill throwing style. 

and Wilson is like Trubinksy? No lol

Wilson is more like mahomes.   He can throw with pin point accuracy from a lot of angles.  

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Wilson is more like mahomes.   He can throw with pin point accuracy from a lot of angles.  

Wilson does like those "off platform" throws like Mahomes does. He leans gunslinger like Mahomes too.

Wilson actually reminds me a little of Baker Mayfield. Which, Baker is basically a poor man's Mahomes. He's the version that doesn't have elite attributes at every skill. 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Zod said:

I will feel sorry for Lance if he is drafted. This fan base will expect Cam-like play right off the bat. They don't have much in common. 

With Rhule at the helm, Lance's overall potential is probably higher. Cam's potential was very high at one point, but his decision making, mechanics, and touch passes never got to where they needed to be!  It didn't help that his protection was suspect for most of his stay down here also. 

8 hours ago, XClown1986 said:

I don't see Mahomes in Lance. I do see an unpolished Russell Wilson.

Lance is a lot more kaepernick than Wilson, and certainly not mahomes. Wilson and mahomes come from baseball pedigrees whereas lance throws the ball 11 times a game 

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Wilson does like those "off platform" throws like Mahomes does. He leans gunslinger like Mahomes too.

Wilson actually reminds me a little of Baker Mayfield. Which, Baker is basically a poor man's Mahomes. He's the version that doesn't have elite attributes at every skill. 

I think if the Jets pass on a qb or go Fields than Miami will probably be game to drop back to 8 provided we give up a second or even a first from next year.  I pray we keep our 2nd this year to get a top iol, center or maybe a LT that slips a bit. 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Zod said:

I will feel sorry for Lance if he is drafted. This fan base will expect Cam-like play right off the bat. They don't have much in common. 

He’s not Cam at all. He’s an unpolished Andrew Luck. Cam was usually the best athlete on the field and QB was just the position he chose to play. Sit him for a year and he can be better. 

• Poo 1

11 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I am a huge Lance fan but he does not have the arm talent that Mahomes has. The best comp I’ve seen is McNair or Mcnabb. He has that windmill throwing style. 

and Wilson is like Trubinksy? No lol

Bucky Brooks says that Lance can play I'm any system. I don't know if he is as strong as Mahomes, but he can still make any throw. He is also probably a more able runner in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I think if the Jets pass on a qb or go Fields than Miami will probably be game to drop back to 8 provided we give up a second or even a first from next year.  I pray we keep our 2nd this year to get a top iol, center or maybe a LT that slips a bit. 

Yeah, I want to see 3-4 OL taken in this draft. We have to get that unit shored up. 

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If we had to choose between the two prospects I would agree. I do agree with what others are saying as far as being a bit jittery in the pocket at times. Mahomes was like that in college as well. Bailed the pocket unnecessarily.

anyone saying Wilson is Mitch or clausen(?!? Lol) I just don’t know what they’re watching.

Just now, top dawg said:

Bucky Brooks says that Lance can play I'm any system. I don't know if he is as strong as Mahomes, but he can still make any throw. He is also probably a more able runner in my opinion. 

I agree he can make any throw. I’m just talking strictly arm talent. Mahomes is on another level. kind of a wizard with arm angles, Lance can do some of that but not to the degree Mahomes could/can. I think Lance is gonna be really special if he goes to the right team and they don’t rush him.