• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watched film of all the top QBs: Zach Wilson screams Mitch Trubisky but Trey Lance has some Mahomes vibes

hepcat

I like me some Trey Lance and would love him in black & blue.  He's really the QB I see as realistic for us and his upside is a top-level QB.

I've loved Fields, especially bc he can go on these mad accurate mid-to-deep passing rhythms but OSU scares me. 100% agree.

Wilson went from unknown to beloved and it's just a limited window.  Definitely saw the jittery nature of his pocket presence you're describing. 

It's such a toss-up.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I would love to get Lance at 8. Fields would be my number 2 option. Watching Teddy run fit first downs and even TDs this year makes me wonder what Brady could do with an actual dual threat QB who can throw it deep. Rolling out with bombs to Moore or Anderson, with the option of flipping it to CMC underneath or running it themselves. I know Wilson can scramble, but something about his demeanor bothers me, plus he had surgery on his throwing shoulder already at a young age.

• Pie 2

Going into the year, people were talking up Lance & Fields not being far behind Lawrence.  Now by years' end, there's this Zach Wilson kid out of nowhere from BYU.  It just gives me pause.

Lance though, built like a brick.  Just super interesting.  He's got all the tools but bc of his competition, there's not much to really look at placement wise in tight coverage and under pressure.  But if we think we can groom this kid, let's roll with it.  Such amazing potential.

It

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

What I like as well is that the kid seems like a very sharp dude.

Air Mcnair meets Watson with a dash of Cam (not just saying Watson bc he's the flavor of the year in trade talks)

I wonder if we're playing down Lance to assure Fields & Wilson go ahead of him.  I mean, if you look at summer 2020 to about Sept, he was the #2 QB for a large chunk of both reputable and idiotic analysts.