• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Newton questions McCaffrey's support of Bridgewater

Mr. Scot

13 minutes ago, Carolina Mike said:

Maybe the title of this post should be changed too... it seems “click bait” now 

lol

Eh, sure. Why not?

11 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

Molly at the end - "My neck, my back.."

😛

Yeah, caught that. Not a fan of that song.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

I think it was more quoting the scene from the movie Friday:
Friday Movie Crackhead GIF

That'd make sense.

Was at work once when a female coworker started singing that song. I looked at her and said "no" and a couple of colleagues thanked me 😃

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Cary Kollins said:

David Newton is such an idiot. Imagine falling into a job covering a professional sports team for the largest sports media company in the country and being terrible at the job with no repercussions. Sounds about white.

I doubt his being white has anything to do with it. ESPN generally not giving a sh-t about the Panthers probably has a lot to do with it, though.

I do remember back in 2015, they had other reporters covering us for a while, but the following year it was back to just Newton.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

By saying he didn’t want to comment, he commented. He fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is never get involved in a land war in Asia. But only slightly less well-known is never comment on your QB when the front office has decided to move on! He gave away everything! Inconceivable!

Pie for quoting one of the greatest movies ever made.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I doubt his being white has anything to do with it. ESPN generally not giving a sh-t about the Panthers probably has a lot to do with it, though.

I do remember back in 2015, they had other reporters covering us for a while, but the following year it was back to just Newton.

I agree they don’t give a poo about the panthers. I do think being a cookie cutter older white dude has everything to do with him landing and keeping that job, subconsciously or not by ESPN.

Not trying to turn this into a tinderbox discussion, just wondering to myself how he even has this job after all these years of being god awful.

Edited by Cary Kollins

11 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

David Newton is such an idiot. Imagine falling into a job covering a professional sports team for the largest sports media company in the country and being terrible at that job with no repercussions. Sounds about white.

It was not just newton--the female reporter was setting Newton up--both ESPN folks.  Igo is right--this is click bait, and her question was fishing.  They were attempting to get him to say anything to get a story out of it.  They didn't, so they made one anyway.

5 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

I agree they don’t give a poo about the panthers. I do think being a cookie cutter older white dude has everything to do with him landing and keeping that job, subconsciously or not by ESPN.

Not trying to turn this into a tinderbox discussion, just wondering to myself how he even has this job after all these years of being god awful.

If I recall correctly, he was a NASCAR reporter prior to this. He doesn't even seem to know jack about football.

I know back when we were making a run, they assigned a couple of female reporters to Panthers coverage. One, I think, was Josina Anderson. I forget the other but I don't think she's with ESPN anymore, whoever she was (just a vague sense).

I get not putting huge resources into covering the Panthers. To be fair, what have we done to merit that?

Still, I'd at least like to believe we deserve better than a guy that doesn't even know football.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 2