• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers (Fits) sign former Seahawk PS TE DE to futures contract

MHS831

Interesting in that this Seahawks article takes a cheap shot at the Olsen signing in the last paragraph.

Interesting that this player was a WR at LSU that converted to a TE, and was drafted as a TE and converted to a DE for the Hawks, where he played 22 snaps.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/2/3/22265049/seattle-seahawks-2020-seventh-round-pick-stephen-sullivan-signs-with-carolina-panthers

DAMN: "So, for now it’s best of luck to Sullivan with the Carolina Panthers, and maybe in a decade or so when he’s old and injury plagued, the Seahawks can bring him back and add him to the list of washed up former Panthers tight ends added in free agency."

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1

45 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

It's not like there's anyone really standing between him on the PS and being our first string TE, as things go right now.

I read another piece on him--team player, great attitude, and we can assume, versatile.  But this may suggest a few things, and I am reading some foggy tea leaves here:

1. We want to address the TE position but we may realize that we probably cannot this year.

2.  We have multiple TE needs, and this guy will compete for a roster spot/special teams role.

3.  We value versatility--and he could be an H-back type that replaces Armah. 

4.  He has pictures of Fits at the Seahawks Christmas party.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I read another piece on him--team player, great attitude, and we can assume, versatile.  But this may suggest a few things, and I am reading some foggy tea leaves here:

1. We want to address the TE position but we may realize that we probably cannot this year.

2.  We have multiple TE needs, and this guy will compete for a roster spot/special teams role.

3.  We value versatility--and he could be an H-back type that replaces Armah. 

4.  He has pictures of Fits at the Seahawks Christmas party.

1. Oh, we could make a big splash in the draft with TE, but we'd need to ride another season with Teddy.

2. True and he probably will, but it is a signal that we're probably done with the Ian Thomas project. (And he should have been good, we all wanted him to be so, but he just never made that leap).

3. Not sure we're looking to replace Armah, but even though I like the guy, not sure he's a top end Full/H-back.

4. Well, there are some pics that are just priceless. And some available for a price. Some available on a lifelong installment plan.

• Pie 1