• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagles receiving calls about Carson Wentz

NAS

5 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

even better! 

Well, only if the Eagles view it that way.

And in any case, the contract is so large, that I honestly have no interest in trading for him even if it's for peanuts.  If we could get him for a 3rd round pick and Teddy, I still wouldn't want to.  

His cap hits for the next four years: $35MM, $31MM, $36MM, and $32MM.  And with the way the contract is structured, the dead money if you were to cut him (I'll exclude this year, because if we trade for him, we'd be auditioning him): $24MM, $15MM, and $6MM.  That means if he bombs this year, and you cut him in the 2022 offseason, you're on the hook for $24MM in dead cap (post June 1 cut would be hits of $9MM and $15MM in consecutive years).  Cutting him the following year is still fairly unpalatable at $15MM.

I don't want that sort of financial risk when our roster is on the upswing. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Can we just start naming anyone that was once a good QB as an option to overspend on? Marino is alive somewhere I think. Payton could unretire, we all know they will give him another ring. I personally would like to see Montana with one of those suits from Edge of Tomorrow if we are just making things up. 

If the Eagles are not sending big picks this should be dead already. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 3

3 hours ago, woahfraze said:

Well, only if the Eagles view it that way.

And in any case, the contract is so large, that I honestly have no interest in trading for him even if it's for peanuts.  If we could get him for a 3rd round pick and Teddy, I still wouldn't want to.  

His cap hits for the next four years: $35MM, $31MM, $36MM, and $32MM.  And with the way the contract is structured, the dead money if you were to cut him (I'll exclude this year, because if we trade for him, we'd be auditioning him): $24MM, $15MM, and $6MM.  That means if he bombs this year, and you cut him in the 2022 offseason, you're on the hook for $24MM in dead cap (post June 1 cut would be hits of $9MM and $15MM in consecutive years).  Cutting him the following year is still fairly unpalatable at $15MM.

I don't want that sort of financial risk when our roster is on the upswing. 

Alright you've convinced me. 

17 hours ago, Waldo said:

Can we just start naming anyone that was once a good QB as an option to overspend on? Marino is alive somewhere I think. Payton could unretire, we all know they will give him another ring. I personally would like to see Montana with one of those suits from Edge of Tomorrow if we are just making things up. 

Brad Johnson wasn’t that bad. Hometown discount!?

• Flames 1

17 hours ago, Waldo said:

Convince local Phillip Rivers to come out of retirement for one final season, while mentoring a young guy like Wilson, Lance, or Fields 

6 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Convince local Phillip Rivers to come out of retirement for one final season, while mentoring a young guy like Wilson, Lance, or Fields 

I am at the point that if we get Lance we are fine. It just looks like we would give away the 8th for anyone on the block.