• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andy Reid's son in car accident

ladypanther

1 hour ago, Cookie Lyon said:

I saw a GoFundMe page that's being circulated for the critically injured child's medical bills.

I don't know if it's a legit page as of yet though. Hopefully, it is real.

Chiefs org. should cover it all 100%

• Pie 3

16 hours ago, 4Corners said:

I think most of these coaches are truly awful parents. 

Rob seems to be a good father, but that may partially be why he’s not a great coach... All the best HCs have to put so much of their time and focus into football that it doesn’t really mesh with being a parent. Seems impossible to actually balance that.

8 hours ago, Cookie Lyon said:

It's still a double standard. If he wasn't Andy Reid's son, he would be cuffed to the bed until he's recovered from his injuries. Also, he's been charged with a DUI before.

You need to look up Leonard Little, I hope that opens your mind. In fact I'll help you - 

After leaving a birthday party in 1998, Little crashed into and killed Susan Gutweiler in St. Louis, Missouri who was on her way to pick up her son from a concert.

When tested, his blood alcohol content was 0.19 percent, 0.11 points exceeding the legal limit of 0.08 in the state of Missouri. Little received four years probation and was ordered to undergo a thousand hours of community service.[22]

On January 18, 2003, with charges dating back to 1999, Little was charged with communicating threats and making harassing calls, according to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg police department. Little's attorney, Scott Rosenblum, said that the charges were filed after Little and his former girlfriend Michelle ended their relationship. Rosenblum added, "We don't think this case is going anywhere. It was groundless from the beginning".[23]

On April 24, 2004, he was arrested again for driving while intoxicated after being stopped by The Ladue Police Department for driving 78 miles per hour in a 55 mile-per-hour zone on Interstate 64. At the time, he had red eyes, smelled of alcohol, and failed three roadside sobriety tests. He later admitted that he drank alcohol to the police.[24] After being convicted of misdemeanor speeding but acquitted of DWI, Little received two years of probation on May 6, 2005, and was prohibited from drinking any sort of alcoholic beverage during his time of probation

He got to keep playing and was no bodys' famous son. Wealthy always get away form charges, since the beginning of humans they have. @Ja Rhule is right, whoever can buy the best lawyers that buy the best favors, get what they want. 

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

You need to look up Leonard Little, I hope that opens your mind. In fact I'll help you - 

He got to keep playing and was no bodys' famous son. Wealthy always get away form charges, since the beginning of humans they have. @Ja Rhule is right, whoever can buy the best lawyers that buy the best favors, get what they want. 

You brought up that one example of a black person getting off easy to try to refute my point?

LOL

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, Cookie Lyon said:

You brought up that one example of a black person getting off easy to try to refute my point?

LOL

Him being black didnt have nothing to do with it, he killed a person and got off. If you dont see the similarities NFL player that a had a DUI and nothing happen, no hope for the some people. Plenty of wealthy people have done the same.

• Beer 1

Heres another for you @Cookie Lyon, sorry its not what you want or understand, since well you know- 

Josh Brent

Brent pleaded guilty to a charge of driving under the influence on June 2, 2009, as a result of an incident from the previous February. He was sentenced to two years' probation and 60 days in jail. He was also fined an undisclosed amount and ordered to undergo 200 hours of community service.[15]

On December 8, 2012, Brent was charged with intoxication manslaughter in Irving, Texas, after a motor vehicle accident, in which he was the driver, killed his teammate, Jerry Brown.[16] Police documents showed that Brent was driving at least 110 miles per hour (180 km/h) and may have been driving as fast as 134 mph (216 km/h) right before the crash,[17] on a road where the posted speed limit was 45 mph (72 km/h).[18] Brent later failed a sobriety test and would face two to 20 years in prison if convicted.[19] Brent was found by the police pulling out his friend and teammate. Jerry Brown's mother begged the Cowboys to keep Brent as a teammate and not forget him.[20]

On December 26, 2012, a grand jury indicted Brent on one count of intoxication manslaughter.[21] On May 24, 2013, the Dallas district attorney requested to revoke Brent's bail for not adhering to the monitoring conditions and send him to jail to await trial. The judge denied the request and ordered additional forms of monitoring.

He also killed a person. 

• Poo 1

5 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

Why do you keep quoting me about Black people getting in trouble @Basbear?

Id dont see color, would you like me to post a different race to please you? While you wait heres another one- 

On the morning of March 14, 2009, Stallworth struck and killed a pedestrian while driving his car at the eastern end of the MacArthur Causeway in Miami Beach, Florida.

Around 7:15 a.m., Stallworth was headed toward the beach, driving a black 2005 Bentley Continental GT about 50 mph in a 40 mph zone, according to a Miami Beach Police report.[24] Mario Reyes, 59, was on the busy causeway, trying to catch a bus home after finishing his shift.[25] Stallworth claims that he flashed his car's headlights to warn Reyes.[26] Stallworth struck Reyes with his car, killing him.

In a police investigation, Stallworth admitted to drinking the night before the accident. News sources reported that his blood alcohol content was 0.12, over the legal limit of 0.08.[27][28]

On April 1, 2009, Stallworth was charged with DUI manslaughter; he surrendered to police on April 2, 2009, and was released on $200,000 bail.[29] Under a plea deal, he received a sentence of 30 days in the county jail, plus 1,000 hours of community service, two years of community control, and eight years' probation.[30] His Florida state driver's license was permanently suspended.[31] On July 10, 2009, Stallworth was released from county jail after serving 24 days of a 30-day sentence.

The Associated Press reported on June 16, 2009, that Stallworth and the Reyes family reached a financial agreement, avoiding a civil lawsuit. The amount of the settlement was not disclosed.[32]

On August 13, 2009, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Stallworth would be suspended for the 2009 season without pay. Stallworth was reinstated after Super Bowl XLIV.[33]

A Yahoo! Sports story published August 12, 2010, reported that Stallworth's lawyers indicated he could have fought all charges with "an excellent chance of being found innocent", but that Stallworth chose to be convicted of a felony to do what he felt was morally right. The article says that David Cornwell, one of Stallworth's attorneys, felt there was irony in the public and media reaction to Stallworth's decision because they criticized the plea deal without knowing the full story.

Edited by Basbear
  • Poo 1