• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Guy makes a lot of sense about us and Watson. (Good Read)

Big Sexy

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Where were you guys when I had this plan with a solid QB draft class? Grier FTW. Imagine having pick 1 (we had tiebreaker with Jax and Jets), a 3rd and 4th round comp, $81M more in 2021 cap and no Teddy. Man, I don’t think I could have been more right on that even with all the grief I got. How about a core of Lawrence, CMC, Moore, Moton, Samuel (easily affordable), Burns, Brown and Chinn to go with 3 day 2 picks this year and 3 day 1/day 2 picks next year? Oh and $81M in extra cap. That’s a potential multiple SB winning team. F U Marty you short sighted son of a bitch just trying to save your job and a little bit of an F U to Tepper for letting us try to win this year and still being 5-11.

There were very few people excited about the idea of signing Teddy. I certainly wasn't among them.

• Pie 3

He acts like we wouldn't jump at 2 1sts 2 nds YGM and shaq for Watson. But the likelihood is the ste going to want burns, chinn,or brown or possibly 2 of the 3 and that's not a move I think we can make. A high performing rookie with 3 years left on rookie deal is worth 2 1sts IMO. So that would mean possibly 6 1sts and 2 2nds. Too rich. 

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, Verge said:

I have heard absolutely nothing about us and Wentz. I have heard everything about us and Watson. We are as all in as all in can get, and Watson wants to be here. It's either us or he stays a Texan.

Yep that’s how I feel, I don’t think Wentz fits us anyway 

55 minutes ago, Verge said:

I have heard absolutely nothing about us and Wentz. I have heard everything about us and Watson. We are as all in as all in can get, and Watson wants to be here. It's either us or he stays a Texan.

Only thing I wonder is why did we go all in so much for Stafford if we really wanted Watson? Also how do you know Watson wants to be here?

57 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Like I think if we draft a qb at 8 and want him to sit we should still cut teddy and sign another cheap vet to start before our draft pick is ready. It’s been that awkward of an offseason for teddy. 

Yeah, that bridge has burned and the rubble cleared at this point. That relationship is over. Teddy would probably have minimal interest in helping mentor a rookie after this. Sure, he'd show up and do his job but I doubt he'd do anything above and beyond that to help his soon to be replacement along after we've pretty thoroughly dragged him through the mud.

14 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Imagine Watson and DJ....

Let that marinate.

Someone made a video the other day and I was going to share it but I thought damn I don’t want to hear any more people whine about another Watson thread. They had Watson throwing and then they switch to DJ catching the pass in the end zone pretty cool