• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Multiple Teams have reached out to the Jets about Darnold"

ncfan

Agreed, if whomever is at #2 (Jets or a team they trade with) drafts a player other than a QB, we almost assuredly to get one of the 'big 4' QBs without having to move up from #8.  If two QBs are off the board after pick #2, we are going to likely have to move up a couple spots to ensure us of getting our QB.

Edited by 45catfan

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I think the Jets and Dolphins are the two teams in the best situation to potentially trade for Watson. The best chance we have is if the Texans REALLY don't want to trade him within the AFC which is certainly within the realm of possibility.

Nick Caserio and Adam Peters are old colleagues.

4 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If we do a 2nd do a next years 2nd for the love of God we have to build our oline through the draft.

I wouldn't give up anything like that.

He's on Year 4 (as a 1st round pick he has an option for a 5th year at a reduced rate). So if he turns into something you'll quickly have to PAY him. 

Considering the fact that he's floundered for 3 years and is pretty much a reclamation project at this point, why would you give up such a valuable pick?

That said the QB market is fuging nuts right now so who knows. 

1 minute ago, Beerfacedlegend said:

I love being aggressive but not for players worse than bridgewater darnold is terrible same with mitch trubisky . We don’t need a vet qb it’s not a good investment. We need vets at other positions in free agency we have pick 8 we can draft Mac jones and get Allen Robinson or will fuller in free agency 

Lol we are not spending money on a wr that’s last position we need

Just now, OldhamA said:

I wouldn't give up anything like that.

He's on Year 4 (as a 1st round pick he has an option for a 5th year at a reduced rate). So if he turns into something you'll quickly have to PAY him. 

Considering the fact that he's floundered for 3 years and is pretty much a reclamation project at this point, why would you give up such a valuable pick?

That said the QB market is fuging nuts right now so who knows. 

Unfortunately, your last sentence is pretty much the key to any QB this offseason. 

That being said, the Darnold deal sounds tough. The Jets want a FRP.... not happening. Our 2nd round pick is a very late first round pick, so that would align, but I don't want to give that up per se. 

Ideally a trade for us that makes sense is 2021 3rd rounder + something. Jets probably balk at that and would settle for something more in the mid-late 2nd round area. I could really see an Indy or a Pittsburgh making the deal more given where they are picking in the draft. 

30 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Dude all your posts are wrong lol there will definitely be 4 qbs gone before our pick. Jags, Jets definite, then out of Falcons, Eagles or Lions that’s one AT LEAST. So that’s three not counting all the teams behind us that want one lol. You are most definitely wrong sir, maybe you should pay attention a little more before posting.

4 qbs havent gone in the top 10 much less the top7 in 20 drafts and that is in the modern passing scoring era.  Its a rarity to have even 3 go in the top 10.  And you are crazier than hell if you think both atl and the lions are picking a qb.  Go look at the contracts for each and let me know how that works out for you.

Edited by mrcompletely11

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

4 qbs havent gone in the top 10 much less the top7 in 20 drafts and that is in the modern passing scoring era.  Its a rarity to have even 3 go in the top 10.  And you are crazier than hell if you think both atl and the lions are picking a qb.  Go look at the contracts for each and let me know how that works out for you.

Get ready we have never seen in all years of football the deals going on for qbs right now. There will be 4 gone before us period

Just now, BurnNChinn said:

Get ready we have never seen in all years of football the deals going on for qbs right now. There will be 4 gone before us period

So you are predicting that something happens that literally hasnt happened in at least 20 years (thats as far as I went back)?  Thats a great way to have a draft strategy, good luck with it.  Someone always falls.  Always.