• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wow...Panther’s social pretty honest about Teddy.

Tbe

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

The one that doesn't make sense is Robby Anderson.  Dude is hardly a fixture on this team. 

Yeah, kinda surprising but then again I honestly wouldn't be shocked if he got extended this off-season. He played well this year, especially since we didn't have a QB who could take advantage of his greatest strength as a receiver 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, kinda surprising but then again I honestly wouldn't be shocked if he got extended this off-season. He played well this year, especially since we didn't have a QB who could take advantage of his greatest strength as a receiver 

Robbie started hot out of the gate, but faltered as the season went on.  Call me partial, but I would rather re-sign Samuel now and let Anderson walk in FA after next season.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Robbie started hot out of the gate, but faltered as the season went on.  Call me partial, but I would rather re-sign Samuel now and let Anderson walk in FA after next season.

I wouldn't. Samuel's production is easier to replace than Robbie's. There's a reason why outside guys get PAID and slot receivers don't. This year's draft has a lot of intriguing slot receivers in the mid-rounds.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wouldn't. Samuel's production is easier to replace than Robbie's. There's a reason why outside guys get PAID and slot receivers don't. This year's draft has a lot of intriguing slot receivers in the mid-rounds.

Wouldn't it make sense then to sign Samuel to a slot WR contract and find a rookie outside guy in the draft, economically speaking?  As far as production, Robbie in a new system allowed him to have some nice game early in the season, but it seemed once teams got tape on how he was being used here in Carolina, his production fell off.

• Beer 1