• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wentz update: Trade is close, with three teams involved

Mr. Scot

Just now, kungfoodude said:

TBD. He is an elite talent. If you whiff though.....OOF.

IMO, Chicago fans should want this. You have to figure it is either a HR deal or you get to finally fire your head coach. 

He was elite and looks ruined. Bad contract and living off of past realities. This is looking like a disaster in the making. It sucks but it looks like the buyer is going to be had in this trade. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If I had to guess I'd say the third team is the Niners 

The Colts have Frank Reich. The Bears have his former quarterback coach John DeFilippo.

The 49ers don't have anyone previously connected to him that I know of, but every quarterback wants to play in Kyle Shanahan's system.

4 minutes ago, davos said:

He just looked broken to me last season. 

It has to be the Colts given the familiarity and Reich being there and all.  Wentz will know the offense and the coach knows how to use him. 

Sleeper/mystery team? The Patriots

Oooohhh, that would be interesting.

I had forgotten it, but the article mentions that the Bears also have one of his former coaches in John DeFilippo.

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Better not be us

I rescind my Patriots guess after reading they're not involved (edit: but it can always be misinformation).

The only 2 other logical spots that I could actual see a team rolling the dice given their draft spot is the WFT & the Broncos.

Edited by davos

2 minutes ago, davos said:

I rescind my Patriots guess after reading they're not involved (edit: but it can always be misinformation).

The only 2 other logical spots that I could actual see a team rolling the dice given their draft spot is the WFT & the Broncos.

Washington offered a first and a third for Stafford.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Oooohhh, that would be interesting.

I had forgotten it, but the article mentions that the Bears also have one of his former coaches in John DeFilippo.

Even though I'm 100% Panthers, it would be nice to see the Bears with a good QB situation for once so I hope they avoid Wentz like the plague.