Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

"Extreme inconsistencies"


Recommended Posts

I would add that my impression of the female officials was positive.  They really did a solid job, based on my observations.  Better?  At times, equivalent--the rest of the time.  Hats off to them.

  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Going through his other tweets, his analysis seems spot on IMO.

The game was called drastically different from the NFC Championship Game as well as from how it has been called all season. Both instances favored Tampa significantly.

  • Pie 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Goodell is getting close to retirement territory before something blows up in his face. If you have long time refs who know whats going on making public comments like this. Somethings up.

The "but within crews" blatantly hints at bookie style rigging potentially too.

Edited by Harbingers
  • Poo 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

I would add that my impression of the female officials was positive.  They really did a solid job, based on my observations.  Better?  At times, equivalent--the rest of the time.  Hats off to them.

I noticed the same thing. The line judge lady was the one that correctly called that 4th down run on the goal line stop. My internal theory is she wasn’t down with the bias toward the Bradyneers because of what her being there meant in the bigger picture. Didn’t want to give anyone ammunition to say anything disparaging about a woman officiating.  Whether that’s true, or it’s a simple matter of she was the only competent one there and the rest of the officials sucked, good on her. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze
  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I noticed the same thing. The line judge lady was the one that correctly called that 4th down run on the goal line stop. My internal theory is she wasn’t down with the bias toward the Bradyneers because of what her being there meant in the bigger picture. Didn’t want to give anyone ammunition to say anything disparaging about a woman officiating.  Whether that’s true, or it’s a simple matter of she was the only competent one there and the rest of the officials sucked, good on her. 

And I think "How good did she have to be to overcome the bias that I am sure she faced?"  I saw the same thing you mentioned.  Her spots were accurate, and I imagine Mahommes is tough to mark on the sideline---

  • Pie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

I would add that my impression of the female officials was positive.  They really did a solid job, based on my observations.  Better?  At times, equivalent--the rest of the time.  Hats off to them.

Well, women are really good at pointing out what men do wrong.....

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cardiackat88. said:

Well, women are really good at pointing out what men do wrong.....

My wife calls me for personal fouls all the time--and "illegal motion," and "illegal procedure," and "interference."  I am leaving when she flags me for "too many men in the huddle."

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

I think Goodell is getting close to retirement territory before something blows up in his face. If you have long time refs who know whats going on making public comments like this. Somethings up.

The "but within crews" blatantly hints at bookie style rigging potentially too.

god damn just stop posting lmao

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I would add that my impression of the female officials was positive.  They really did a solid job, based on my observations.  Better?  At times, equivalent--the rest of the time.  Hats off to them.

If they are always "equivalent" and "at times better"...

...seems the league should go to 100% female officiating crews, no?

Edited by SizzleBuzz
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MHS831 said:

My wife calls me for personal fouls all the time--and "illegal motion," and "illegal procedure," and "interference."  I am leaving when she flags me for "too many men in the huddle."

She’s probably really disappointed when you have a “false start”!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...