• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Heinicke...gets paid?

Smithers

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Fair point. Same standard applies though.

Perhaps, but personally I don't think its a bad deal.  He played well, and the contract is cheap, and incentive laden.  So if he gets injured next season and only plays two games, they owe him very little.  Who might they have signed for such a small amount of guaranteed money that would be a better choice?

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Perhaps, but personally I don't think its a bad deal.  He played well, and the contract is cheap, and incentive laden.  So if he gets injured next season and only plays two games, they owe him very little.  

I don't necessarily think it's a bad deal for a backup.

Concerns people might have about his ability to stay healthy though are pretty well warranted.

Can't we just be happy for the guy.  It's a pretty low salary for a backup.  A backup who outplayed Haskins.  Sorry watching that last game heinicke earned a contract.  If he had played back in that infamous game we would have lost.  We would have lost and we would be picking higher ya da ya da.  I for one am glad he got paid hurney and Ron can do what they want with that roster.  Doesn't concern my team. A team I celebrated for winning a late season game with draft implications.  

• Pie 2

Look, I'm glad to see him get paid and get an honest shot at it. Heck, he could somehow pull a Delhomme and catch lightning in a bottle. Probably not, but I always pull for the underdog.

In the end, they are spending Washington's money, too, so its definitely nothing out of my team's pocket, so spend away! Double it guys!

(I'd also rather have Heinicke on my bench than Grier in case of a dire emergency.)

Edited by Khyber53
  • Pie 1

5 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

Well that’s more of a mural thing if you actually know what you’re talking about. There’s a reason why no other QB wants to go there and why Tom left. The fuging roster is a mess. Might have the worst skill position group in the league.

Yet Cam walked into a team with the most opt outs, no WRs, no TEs, no offseason, Caught Covid and couldn’t practice for weeks AND STILL won more games than the Panthers...

I'm guess I don't know what I'm talking about. Did Cam design a mural to place at mid field?