• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF Renner: The Biggest Draft Mistake For Each Team in the Past 5 Years

panthers320

2 hours ago, panthers320 said:

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS: WHERE TO START…

Go take a look for yourself. I don’t think there’s been a worse drafting team over the span. D.K. Metcalf in 2019 and landing Chris Carson in the seventh are really the only saving graces for what’s been a messy five years of picks. It's almost incomprehensible after how dominantly the Seahawks drafted from 2010-2012.

That was my worry with our new guy.

I wanted Peters.

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, trueblade said:

This pass went 30 yards on a rope and hit his receiver in the facemask before being dropped. That kind of otherworldly athleticism translates to 32 of 32 teams. 

On a whole lot of teams the receiver wouldn’t haven even been in a position to hit him in the face mask.

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Didn't Tyreek Hill call him "trash" in his rookie year coming into KC?

Yep. I think Patrick Mahomes is an extremely talented QB, but it’s the ultimate team sport. No matter how good a QB is if his supporting cast isn’t getting the job done the QB will suffer and vice versa. No surprise he had probably his worse statistical game of his career when his WRs were dropping passes and his line couldn’t block. 

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hindsight is always 2020 and it would've been nothing short of baffling at the time, but our biggest mistake knowing what we know now is drafting Christian McCaffrey instead of Patrick Mahomes and that's also true for the other 7 teams that were ahead of us in that draft.

We could have drafted cmac, traded 2nd next years first and cam to trade up for mahomes 

He's actually pretty complimentary of the Panthers, saying we've had "a solid span of drafts", but I agree the analysis is lacking. I'd say trading up and drafting Little was the worst, followed by taking Butler in the 1st to ride the bench for 4 years. Both of those were more detrimental than anything that happened in the later rounds.

3 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

He's actually pretty complimentary of the Panthers, saying we've had "a solid span of drafts", but I agree the analysis is lacking. I'd say trading up and drafting Little was the worst, followed by taking Butler in the 1st to ride the bench for 4 years. Both of those were more detrimental than anything that happened in the later rounds.

Especially when you consider Chris Jones went a few picks after Butler

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

Yep. I think Patrick Mahomes is an extremely talented QB, but it’s the ultimate team sport. No matter how good a QB is if his supporting cast isn’t getting the job done the QB will suffer and vice versa. No surprise he had probably his worse statistical game of his career when his WRs were dropping passes and his line couldn’t block. 

And I think Andy Reid's reputation as a QB whisperer doesn't exactly hurt. He knows how to set his QB's up for success.

I'd love to say that we could have developed him as well, but I doubt it.

• Beer 2

Seattle Seahawks

Go take a look for yourself. I don’t think there’s been a worse drafting team over the span. D.K. Metcalf in 2019 and landing Chris Carson in the seventh are really the only saving graces for what’s been a messy five years of picks. It's almost incomprehensible after how dominantly the Seahawks drafted from 2010-2012

that's a bit scary. 

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Apparently Tepper didn't.

Would love to someday hear more about the process but if that happens at all, it'll probably be a while.

I hope it works out but you can't deny that NO has a dominant FO when it comes to building a roster.