• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dane Brugler of the Athletic Mock: Panthers trade up to 3 for Fields

Captain Morgan

24 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That haul would sting. If he turned out to be a franchise QB it'd be worth it. If he didn't, Rhule and Fitts probably dug their own grave.

If it happens, I hope all the "just win baby" folks look back in pleasure over celebrating that key late season victory over Rivera and the WFT.

Why is it that win and none of the others? 

Because it's okay to tank the month of December but not the whole season? 

Gawd your outlook is so incredibly flawed. Convince me otherwise.  

1 hour ago, WarPanthers89 said:

It’s not too much when you are taking a chance on getting your franchise QB. We aren’t going to be picking this high again hopefully, and franchise QB’s don’t grow on trees. We will never win consistently (need I remind you we have never had back to back winning seasons) unless we have one.

Not if we trade away our 1st rd picks.

Edited by cookinbrak

1 minute ago, cookinbrak said:

Not if we trade away our 1st rd picks.

Yep. We still have a lot of holes in our roster.   The next two drafts are going to be huge.   Keep your picks stay at 8 and catch the falling qb.  The draft may very well go down like this.  https://elitesportsny.com/2021/02/13/2021-nfl-draft-esnys-updated-3-round-mock-draft/

2 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

That’s not really that bad of a deal. I’m not sold on fields but I’d be cautiously optimistic. I would expect moving up to 3 to cost more than that. Fields in the first, OG in the second, get a LT via FA or trade, LB in the fourth.  Depending on how quick Fields gets ready, we’ll be set

What lt is there I FA?  Who are you trading for and what are you giving up?  It’s imperative to build our line through the draft and stop doing quick fix solutions 

I think jumping to 5th is about as high as we need to go. That cost would be enough. More than that is too much IMO. Heck Mahommes was picked 10th and a lot of flops were picked in the top 5. You just never know and I don't want to sell the farm for 1 player. If I am considering that, it would only be for a proven player like Watson. Even then, I'm iffy. 

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

What lt is there I FA?  Who are you trading for and what are you giving up?  It’s imperative to build our line through the draft and stop doing quick fix solutions 

Trent Williams would be pricey but possibly available. Orlando Brown Jr.  Others we’re not aware of. I’d give up next year’s second for Brown. If we can’t find a long term fix, then get a short term fix for now and try again next year. QB is more important to address than LT and takes longer to develop. If we have to wait til next year for an LT, they’re more likely to be ready day one than a QB