• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson Update

Calboyz13

12 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Frankly, I do not know how you can be an owner of a team and NOT make suggestions in general.  It is no secret that the NFL teams that succeed have good QBs.  There is no difference of opinion concerning QB in Carolina.  So from that perspective, I assume that he is engaged.  As far as evaluating talent, etc. I would think not.  The comment from Fits--"We are going to be involved in every QB deal"  (paraphrasing) is what I am basing this on---Tepper is barking a bit.  Maybe I am wrong, but Tepper is involved to some degree--the only debate is to what degree.

Making suggestions is one thing.

Doing like Dan Snyder and firing Marty Schottenheimer because you're "not having fun" is another.

There are guys who commit to the fans, but there are others who think of a team like their personal plaything. Those guys invariably suck as owners.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Making suggestions is one thing.

Doing like Dan Snyder and firing Marty Schottenheimer because you're "not having fun" is another.

There are guys who commit to the fans, but there are others who think of a team like their personal plaything. Those guys invariably suck as owners.

Agree.  Cannot believe you missed the opportunity to directly reference Jones in Dallas.

Edited by MHS831

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Frankly, I do not know how you can be an owner of a team and NOT make suggestions in general.  It is no secret that the NFL teams that succeed have good QBs.  There is no difference of opinion concerning QB in Carolina.  So from that perspective, I assume that he is engaged.  As far as evaluating talent, etc. I would think not.  The comment from Fits--"We are going to be involved in every QB deal"  (paraphrasing) is what I am basing this on---Tepper is barking a bit.  Maybe I am wrong, but Tepper is involved to some degree--the only debate is to what degree.

The last part absolutely. Just how much and where.