• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Wire's Tim Weaver (via Jordan Rodrigue): Panthers 'Love' Fields, 'Like' Jones!

top dawg

50 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Like I said, I'd prefer for us to keep #8 and run with it. 

I agree.  Wait for Fields or Lance to fall.  Both are too raw for some win-now team to move up for them.  Hell, Lance probably won't even play next year.  If they are both gone, take one of the LTs.  If both gone, that means we either get a difference maker TE, WR, or trade back for an extra second.

Don't get in such a hurry.  Continue to build.  We'll be back in the top 10 next year and will be in better shape to move for our guy.

Meanwhile explore Darnold, Trubisky, Minshew, etc.  They are all young and could develop into something good.  Offer a 2-year contract with an out after 1 year to see what happens.  Meanwhile try to trade Teddy for a 3rd or 4th.  Colts, WFT, NE all have tons of cap and may see Teddy as just what they need.  He had his moments.

• Pie 3

46 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

I agree.  Wait for Fields or Lance to fall.  Both are too raw for some win-now team to move up for them.  Hell, Lance probably won't even play next year.  If they are both gone, take one of the LTs.  If both gone, that means we either get a difference maker TE, WR, or trade back for an extra second.

Don't get in such a hurry.  Continue to build.  We'll be back in the top 10 next year and will be in better shape to move for our guy.

Meanwhile explore Darnold, Trubisky, Minshew, etc.  They are all young and could develop into something good.  Offer a 2-year contract with an out after 1 year to see what happens.  Meanwhile try to trade Teddy for a 3rd or 4th.  Colts, WFT, NE all have tons of cap and may see Teddy as just what they need.  He had his moments.

I get the setiment, but look at the final four this year. Brady, Mahomes, Allen, Rodgers. QB league. Masks other deficiencies. Tepper won't have this viewpoint like you do I guarantee it. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

See above, and don't frame it in terms of the Watson situation because that's not what I'm talking about.

We're pleased with the results from Matt Rhule so far, but we were also pleased with the early returns from Ron Rivera. Later results, not so much.

Likewise, while it's not difficult to imagine that Scott Fitterer will be a better GM than Marty Hurney because Marty was terrible, it's not guaranteed that he's going to be a good GM either. We'll have to wait and see.

And then there's David Tepper. His grade is still an incomplete to me, but he's definitely done some things that make me wonder if he really knows what he's doing (his praise and retention of Marty for example). I haven't seen enough good from him to make me trust him yet.

We all hope there are better things to come.

But it's not guaranteed.

Honestly, it’s so hard to judge individual people when your team is missing vital pieces.

Rhule in his first year pretty much tied Belichick (we would have been 7-9 too if we played the Jets twice). What if he never had Brady?

The bucs GM and coach would have continued to look sub-par without Brady and co. 

Good players matter. Good players are hard to get.

Edited by Tbe

4 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Probably.  Why would you talk about Fields and Jones, no mention of Lance?  Silly click bait.

I don't know about click bait. Maybe on Panthers Wire's part. But, either Rodrigue said it or she didn't. Who knows why she didn't mention Lance? There may not be the interest--which he is more raw--or maybe it is deception on someone's part up stream.

2 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

Both seems like he has became an asshole since last year, I wonder why?

Nah, Voth is good. If anything he tries to help fans separate the truth from all the crap that gets put out there these days. Same goes for Josh.

Edited by *FreeFua*

3 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Yeah what did u think about that?

Like I’ve said, if they don’t land Watson it won’t be due to a lack of effort. 

Voth retweeted the La Confora story from earlier today. 

But at the end of the day, the Panthers can only offer what they have. Other teams with higher picks than ours can potentially put together a more enticing package