• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dolphins have interest in trading for Watson

NAS

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The Jets and Dolphins having higher 1st round picks and multiple 1st round picks THIS year definitely gives them a huge advantage.

The only way I see Watson here is if Watson himself says "I don't want to go there" to pretty much every other team that makes an offer.  That's his actual leverage in the situation, invoking his no trade clause if he doesn't like the team he's supposed to go to.

5 hours ago, BrianS said:

The only way I see Watson here is if Watson himself says "I don't want to go there" to pretty much every other team that makes an offer.  That's his actual leverage in the situation, invoking his no trade clause if he doesn't like the team he's supposed to go to.

Not wanting to go to Miami sounds like kind of a stretch.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, unicar15 said:

Three team deal if we can’t get Watson. Give me Tua and we can still make a QB upgrade. 

NO.  Tua looked friggin terrible man.  Long windup, slow delivery, low velocity ball.  All things that don't spell winner in the NFL.  I don't want him anywhere near our squad.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I questioned drafting Tua because of his injury.

A year in, his injury doesn't necessarily look that bad, but his performance doesn't look very good.

I don't know about that. Physically, he looks like a shadow of his former self. I think that injury is still playing a very significant role in his play.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Anytime a team is willing to move on from a player they drafted in the 1st round (let alone #5 overall) after one year, that's about as big of a "buyer beware" sign as you can get.

I'd agree, but you're always going to have the egotistical coach that looks at an underachieving player and says "I can fix him".

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Anytime a team is willing to move on from a player they drafted in the 1st round (let alone #5 overall) after one year, that's about as big of a "buyer beware" sign as you can get.

Perhaps, but in fairness, this is a rare situation.  They are looking at giving up on a maybe to grab an established star qb.  That opportunity doesn't happen often in the nfl.

Just now, Davidson Deac II said:

Perhaps, but in fairness, this is a rare situation.  They are looking at giving up on a maybe to grab an established star qb.  That opportunity doesn't happen often in the nfl.

Which tells you they think Tua won't develop into that. If they thought he would, they'd be retaining those trade assets and Tua's rookie contract.

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Which tells you they think Tua won't develop into that. If they thought he would, they'd be retaining those trade assets and Tua's rookie contract.

I don't think trying to get Watson means they have completely given up on Tua.  I mean, maybe they have, but the reality is that Watson is established and elite, while Tua is still an unknown at this point.