• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell Wilson's Camp Have Discussed Trade Destinations With SEA; Trade Could Happen, "in the near future."

Proudiddy

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I don't think they'll trade him, but I'd add that we have a GM who probably knows him better than the vast majority of GM's outside of Seattle.

There's no way to know what his feelings are on the topic right now, but if it turns out Fitterer isn't interested, that'd really say something.

Wilson may not necessarily be everyone's favorite person in the locker room but he is and has been a winner. 

Seems enormously speculative regarding fitterer. No reason to think he wouldn't want him under any circumstances.

Price may be too high but that's a different thing.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Actually, there's been talk of Wilson being a point of contention in the Seahawks locker room for years. Just like the article mentions, some teammates think he gets coddled too much.

It's real easy for fans to sit here and say "Who cares if he's an issue as long as he wins?" For the people whose job it is to have to deal with stuff like this everyday though, it's not that simple.

Everyone seems to love Teddy, we will do the swap straight out.  Teddy for Wilson. They dont even need to give us any extra compensation for taking their lockerroom cancer off their hands!

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Actually, there's been talk of Wilson being a point of contention in the Seahawks locker room for years. Just like the article mentions, some teammates think he gets coddled too much.

It's real easy for fans to sit here and say "Who cares if he's an issue as long as he wins?" For the people whose job it is to have to deal with stuff like this everyday though, it's not that simple.

But it still isn't nearly as bad as Terrell Owens!  Like come on dude.  The problem with TO was how public he made everything.  All the crap you are saying is just leaks and sources.  Sure yeah it may bother them but clearly has never gotten to the point where it's actually truly disrupted the team like the Owens situations.

You are just talking BS or you clearly don't remember all that was wrong with Owens and his antics.

And again... why the heck as a fan should I care if some of his coworkers are rubbed off by how he's treated?  It's called real-life.  People get preferential treatment in all phases of life.  At the end of the day though, the final results matter the most.  Russ has been at minimum very good in every single season he's played and he wins 10+ games damn near every single year.

So what you are saying is ridiculous.  Russ being a diva clearly hasn't impeded them in any way.  Why would it somehow start impeding a new team?

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

Everyone seems to love Teddy, we will do the swap straight out.  Teddy for Wilson. They dont even need to give us any extra compensation for taking their lockerroom cancer off their hands!

We have the nicest QB in the league, why aren't we winning more???

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Wilson may not necessarily be everyone's favorite person in the locker room but he is and has been a winner. 

Seems enormously speculative regarding fitterer. No reason to think he wouldn't want him under any circumstances.

Price may be too high but that's a different thing.

I don't know what Fitterer thinks. None of us do.

Point though is that if it turned out Fitterer thought it wasn't trading for him, that'd raise an eyebrow.

We'd all wonder why.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Thanks for supporting my point.

Dude, you are insane lol

You have no point.  You are trying to compare Russell Wilson to Terrell Owens as a reason for not wanting him.  That is dumb as hell.  Situations aren't even close to the same.

And seriously, what the hell is your point?  You made it seem like Wilson being a diva would stop a team from winning but all the Seahawks have done under him is win football games.  So stop trying to act like you have a point.  You just be saying stuff for the sake of it

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know what Fitterer thinks. None of us do.

Point though is that if it turned out Fitterer thought it wasn't trading for him, that'd raise an eyebrow.

We'd all wonder why.

If he went for peanuts maybe, but when the cost is 3+ first rounders I wouldn't need to wonder. 

It is also funny that your standards for success is always "championship or bust".  The teams Owens played for almost always made the playoffs.  So it wasn't even like Owens stopped his teams from winning either.

ALSO funny how you mentioned them his teams not winning a Super Bowl when Owens had one of the all-time greatest WR performances in Super Bowl history.  You really think Owens was the reason the Eagles didn't win a Super Bowl in 2004?!

You literally have no clue what you are talking about.

47 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There's an article on The Athletic as to why.

Rift between Wilson and Seahawks over power and control

Mentions again that Wilson wants a say in personnel, as well as over the schemes.

As before, my answer would be "hell, no".

I assume that Rhule would have a similar answer if Wilson really wants to have that much say. Rhule doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that puts up with a lot of BS.

Just now, Mage said:

Dude, you are insane lol

You have no point.  You are trying to compare Russell Wilson to Terrell Owens as a reason for not wanting him.  That is dumb as hell.

Wrong. I'm using Owens as an example to point out that sometimes teams decide star players aren't worth the headache.

Your attitude as a fan might be "who cares, they're millionaires, they can suck it up". On the flipside, their attitude (from the perspective of people used to getting what they want and not necessarily fans of dealing with things that piss them off) might be that Player X is a POS that they don't want to have to deal with every day.

These guys are actual human beings, believe it or not.